Practical Easter Cuts

Although the Glowforge is a really expensive scissors, I still wouldn’t be without it. It is the best felt appliqué maker ever. I believe I could pay fo a new one in five years with the money saved in buying first communion banner kits. Kits? We don’t need no stinking kits.

r

And then there is the odd liturgical item that I make. This time it was coming to Holy Saturday and realizing the Paschal Candle didn’t come with the usual numbers. Sometimes nice wax ones. Other times cheap vinyl stickers.

I went with red acrylic. I did some 3D printed ones but with an FDM they don’t look the best up close.

43 Likes

I love the banners! Bet the kids are super proud of them. :slight_smile:

12 Likes

That’s really great. But do they really have to wait 180 years to use this? :wink:

15 Likes

Ha. I didn’t notice I had them laid out in the wrong order until after posting and reading the post.

11 Likes

Very nice, I really enjoy cutting felt on the glowforge! Well done

9 Likes

Great practical and celebratory cuts!

7 Likes

This is great! I had been thinking about some ideas with felt and hadn’t started yet. (I feel like I say this several times a week. lol Not enough hours in the day!)

8 Likes

I really felt good after reading this post. Great work!

7 Likes

Awesome! I had no idea first communion banner kits were a thing. Now yours can be really unique.

9 Likes

Those turned out really nice! I keep forgetting about cutting felt with it. There are some filters for one of my hubby’s tools that I keep making and have been cutting them out by hand. Duh!!

6 Likes

These banners are great. What a wonderful reminder of their special event!

3 Likes

Takes me back to when I was an altar boy.

3 Likes

This is great! Yea, you don’t need no kit!

2 Likes