Pre cut Wooden Disk Pendants

I’m not sure what you mean by “remember how it had been twisted while being moved.”

The point being, it’s kind of a fairly big, heavy machine. If moving it yourself, which one shouldn’t do, but I’m sure people do, it seems important to “square the machine”. The foot pads have a lot of grip and I can see that it would be fairly easy to set the machine down on one side, adjust the other side and introduce a bit of twist (it doesn’t take much) and wonder why your lid doesn’t fit very flush.

It’s been noted that they use a large granite surface.

3 Likes

I see so you are saying it didn’t sit flat when you first put it down due to the grip of the feet? I thought you meant lifting it and putting it down again meant the insides settled in a different way.

I’d say it was a combination of how it was moved - one side at a time along with very grippy feet. Moving one side of a time introduces some flex into the machine as you can imagine.

1 Like

So you manually place all your designs 1/4" lower to the left? Are these an individual skull copied and placed manually or a set of skulls in the design that you move around by hand?

Something strange going on here, especially if the offsets are not symmetric radiating out from the center under the lid camera. Was your box damaged in such a way that might indicate your Glowforge got twisted or out of square? Good suggestions about about checking the surface level of your stand.

Keep posting and hopefully we can see improvement soon.

Basically if I want to print on anything I have to place the design to the left of my intended print.
The further to the right the bigger the gap
I’ll take photos

calibration test
placed 4 test plates with lines and I overlaid the cutlines from the GF app
will post the result

1 Like

here are the results really bad!!!

1 Like

Looks like an expensive test. A piece of flat paper or cardboard would have worked fine with the proper material height measurement.

1 Like

@ranger.mctague, are you entering the correct thickness for your material? If that is not Proofgrade thick maple plywood, the lid camera is focusing in the wrong place, and you’re going to easily see that much variance.

Accurate entry of the material thickness is critical for aligning with the camera. If you measure the thickness of the material in inches (using a caliper) and then click on the Unknown Materials button (where it currently says Thick Maple Plywood) you can enter that number and have your alignment improve dramatically.

(If you’ve already done this, please ignore.) :smile:

Proofgrade Medium draftboard

2 Likes

I love The Ring Lord! I use them for my chainmaille pieces. I can’t wait to apply my Glowforge to my work. This gets me so excited!

Great job with the engravings.

1 Like

Looks like the bottom right can’t be accurate because the image of the block looks badly distorted. That is always going to create a big error.

It would be interesting just to see a sheet of graph paper on the bed. If it looks obviously warped it can’t be accurate.

Hey look, another mailler! I buy around $4k worth of supplies from them a year so the laser will just be incrementing that a bit for their products.

2 Likes