Pre-Release Candidates Named

oooohhhh… I thought you were saying you were calling in a sick day to play with the new laser instead of working hahaha

1 Like

Ok. It’s home now. Need to get finished with work today and then come back this evening. Have to follow up on the shockstrip. I don’t know if I should punish you with a web stream. My camera is pretty minimal. Will get light better. Anyway. The cat is interested.

26 Likes

Man…you can’t torment us with just a photo and then hie off to wherever for several hours! Have you no soul?

(Joking. I know he’s a preacher.)

12 Likes

Ok cat…steal @marmak3261’s camera, set it up and rip it open!

11 Likes

Might need two people to lift the GF out of the box without ripping it. Gonna need a perfect box to send back. Guess you could ignore the “This Side Up” sticker and pour it out (But don’t video that).

6 Likes

Childhood trauma from watching my dad’s VHS copy of Raiders of the Lost Ark have me slightly fearful of watching any live-stream. I’ll wait until tomorrow to see what face melting may or may not have occurred. Pretty neat though!

4 Likes

Quick break: It has very clear instructions that two people are needed to lift out of box. I will be extra careful.

Later.

7 Likes

Or cut open the tape/remove the staples from the bottom and lift the box up and off. It would require tilting to pull the flaps out and tuck them out of the way but that’s doable one person :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

He’ll need to keep the box intact for when it’s time to return it. Note that you should plan to keep your box as well when it arrives, as it’s required for a warranty return.

12 Likes

I’m gonna have to dig a basement under my house just to store that beast! :wink:

6 Likes

This is why I never would have done well in the military - I don’t do well following directions :slightly_smiling_face: Heck, lots of times I don’t even read the directions :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

My wife is gonna make me throw something out from the attic when I tell her I’m saving the shipping material. (One thing in, one thing out.)

8 Likes

Put blocks under the box to get it high enough, throw some plywood on top and use it as the Glowforge table.

9 Likes

And so many of you planned to use the cardboard for projects.

2 Likes

im using my old laser box as material in my new laser. MUAHAHAHAHA :imp:

12 Likes

We have been thinking about getting a new coffee table for the living room…

8 Likes

Cardboard chic.

8 Likes

If I lived in SF I could rent the box out as an apartment

14 Likes

Airbnb…

4 Likes

I got a “Please confirm your shipping address” email today. It was very disappointing to find out it was just one of the KickStarters I backed months ago. Amazing how the GlowForge can put things into such perspective!

15 Likes

Hey @dan how big is the box? Trying to figure out if I will have problems with a couple of somewhat narrow doors…might have to unpack outdoors and then carry it in. I am putting a new door into the adobe wall, so entrance will go from 31" to a proper 36" door (frame was rotted anyways, so might as well spend a few extra bucks and enlarge the entrance…).

1 Like