Pre-Release: Cat on a shelf - Part Duex

Add on project (2 cat perches are done, awaiting final sand/finish) and of course you need some way for the cats to get to the perches and between them, so “cat steps” are needed.

This one again was done in OnShape with the LaserJoint Featurescript (sized to fit behind the doors) and decided given their small size they needed a surface a cat could grip so played with AI patterns to make it grippy (hence the tutorial).

Awaits sanding and the same finish as the primary shelves (and a whole bunch more of these).

45 Likes

Beautiful as always!

5 Likes

That’s gonna be some totally spoiled kitties! :relaxed:

5 Likes

I had no idea the shelves were for real cats, i thought they were for ornaments! :open_mouth:

4 Likes

Meeeeeeeeeow! Nice! Just curious, is OnShape your favorite software for this type if stuff? I am trying to get ahead before my GF arrives. It sounds like AI or Inkscape is a fine starting point. Thoughts?

2 Likes

Oh yeah, this is at the animal hospital where my wife is the medical director.

5 Likes

Aha! Didn’t realise it was an animal hospital either - I thought it was maybe for a children’s ward! :smiley:

4 Likes

I just love that you are going to all this effort for the kitties!

2 Likes

My wife and I joke we will open the total mammalian clinic. Our team Bike Jerseys are “Team Total Mammalian” and on the back it reads “If it makes milk, we can fix it” (long before medical school I was one of her surgical techs to get clinical experience)

20 Likes

*Almonds not included.

7 Likes

me too! My kitty is now 17.5 yrs old, so she’s not jumping onto shelves anymore, but I’m considering building her some ramps and/or stairs when the GF comes.

I LOVE the cut-out paw on the bracket. :smile_cat: :+1:

3 Likes

My 20 year has recently started to sleep at me feet (or where ever I am at) like a puppy dog…

She makes it hard to move the feet or stretch out the legs :smirk:

16 Likes

Very nice!!! Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

There is no such thing as almond milk. That is a marketing lie.
Milk is a pale liquid produced by the mammary glands of mammals.

There is
Almond liquid
Almond juice
Almond water
Almond fluid
Almond substance
Almond milk analog
Almond milk replacement
Imitation milk
Almond milk substitute
“Just Almond” (or, alternately, “Mostly water”)
Almond (Not)Milk
Water Streamed Over Almond Meal
Almond-in-Water, in the style of Croton-on-Hudson
Almwater
Almonuice
Almond pulp
Pulverized almond meat
Almond tears
Almond sweat
Almond hydrate
Stomped almonds
Liquidated almond mash
Almond emulsion
Almond filtrate
Gray water
High-protein water
Nutty cloud beverage

Granted, historians have traced the first instance of plant-based milk in a cookbook to 1226, when it appeared in Kitabh al-tabikh, or A Baghdad Cookery Book, with recipes that called for milked “sweet almonds.”

12 Likes

Gray water just doesn’t sound as appealing.
(Not much of a fan either way…I prefer to eat them.)

3 Likes

They must have used a really tiny stool!

3 Likes

14 Likes

I find that Inkscape can do pretty much everything I want to accomplish in designing constructions. I’m very happy with the things I’ve produced. It is excellent for many reasons, especially for text work or decorations of surfaces.

However, as I make a design and want to use a different material, it takes tweaking for different dimensions. That is a pain.

OnShape is pretty cool. The cloud based software is always there at whatever computer I end up on, wherever I am. I have done only one project so far in it, but made many different versions of it with many different materials and sizes and only had to change four variables. It’s magic.

1 Like

The other key thing if you work as a team, is that OnShape is team oriented. Just like in google docs where the whole team can simultaneously be working on the same document live, the same is true in OnShape. I often do this where I am in the OR measuring something, while my students in the lab are working on other parts of the design, and we each see each other’s work live.

1 Like

Made some progress tonight!

16 Likes