Pre-Release | Coaster Stamp

My friend wanted me to print out some coasters to hand out during his performances (he often performs in bars).

At first I said, “It takes to long to print out a single coaster, and wood would be expensive.” Then I thought, “Wait, I can just make a coaster stamp.” So, I did.

The old-timey, worn look is part of his branding. This project was super fun.

Rubber
Coasters (much cheaper in high volume)
Base - Art Minds, 4 inch pine
Glue
Waterproof ink

81 Likes

Great idea, @rebecca !

5 Likes

OOL, but wanted to acknowledge how cool this project is! :clap: :+1: :grinning:

4 Likes

Love that approach! :smile:

2 Likes

These look really great! The stamped look really makes these unique - more than if you had taken all the time to laser each one. Wonderful use of having the Glowforge make a tool to complete a job, rather than do the entire job itself.

4 Likes

That is awesome and the links to what you used is mucho helpful. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Wow! Love this project!!! Great job!

2 Likes

Very cool idea! Like business cards, only cooler. Great advertising.

2 Likes

I love these. What do you use for a stamp pad, since these are bigger than your typical office stamp pad…

2 Likes

Great idea! And thanks for the links! The screen printer that sends me a lot of decal jobs to print for them has a lot of bars as customers. I sense some up-selling coming soon.

2 Likes

I love the look and waterproof ink a great catch I would have spaced.

4 Likes

Great project here. Thanks for the inspiration. Got me a nice design for the family brewing exploits so the blank coasters would be great!

11 Likes

Oh wow, it came out great! The perfect solution to mass production. He could use it on t-shirts as well!

You don’t really need a stamp pad as large as your item. I typically use stamp pads that are only about 1.5" square. Just dab it all over the stamp until the surface is evenly inked.

Fabulous design for a coaster! Can’t wait to see you do it.

4 Likes

i like this, my one suggestion is to work on the balance of your middle ribbon; things are a little off-center there…could probably just lose the period on the end of BROS. to balance that, too.

ooh, good pro tip

3 Likes

Excellent project! :relaxed:

1 Like

you could use an INK roller too, like for Linoleum block printing.

3 Likes

excellent point.

1 Like

Brilliant!!!
A1 job there.:smile::smile:

1 Like

Nice! That’s great!

1 Like

Looks awesome. Great idea!

1 Like