Pre-Release | Festive Light Strings (beginner project)

White-Out or black poster paint works :slight_smile:

2 Likes

What?! Great ideas! Thank you! Now I am off to rummage through the desk for White-Out.

3 Likes

rebecca…this is fantastic! I love lights anyway, but LED string lights?..over the top. Thank you for sharing this with us. Bookmarking this post so I can revisit and make some of my own. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

They’re good because they’re easily removable - you can scratch it off with a fingernail if you later have a design (like the thick acrylic with the lights embedded in a domed engrave) where you want the full light showing.

Other paints work but White-Out & poster paint dry really quickly which is really good in terms of preventing drips & runs :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Love this! Brilliant idea to make them changeable… you could do different holidays, seasons and even themes :slight_smile:

3 Likes

exactly what i was thinking. what if some of the pieces are the letters in a kid’s name and the rest are decorative?

5 Likes

Great Idea! Thanks for the share!

2 Likes

@SunnyStarbucks. [edit: meant @rebecca. Another awesome cat lady…lol] You are a bad influence!! Lol. I was supposed to be doing something else today…
Just read some of the comments and seems alot of us where on the same page.

Made mine 1.75" round.

Colored the leds with sharpie

Blue and Green

Colored the ouside black so it might not be as bright.

Without any color

I was also thinking about a small cover to block out the brighness but I only have 1/8" on hand and the LED is a bit too thick…would work with 1/4" acrylic and just attach an added small square to look the metal part on an glass ornament.

30 Likes

Ha! Same here. Love the skulls!

Are you sure it’s me?! I haven’t done something this amazing yet!

3 Likes

What about a small piece of black acrylic glued to both sides of the disc, concealing the light?

2 Likes

Oh! I want to do these on the front of my library circulation desk! Swapping out a different set for each month–then I don’t have to decorate elsewhere! :smirk: Great idea!

7 Likes

Oh ha ha ha… i was thinking Cats…and you were on my mind @SunnyStarbucks:heart::cat:
Sorry to falsly accuse…but I HAVE gone off rails for projects of yours too…lol

The bad influence goes to @rebecca

6 Likes

bahaha!!! I am always up to no good! LOL xo

4 Likes

This is a great idea! Gonna show my gf. She’ll love it

2 Likes

Those are awesome!!! Can’t wait until Halloween :slight_smile: so I will definitely have to make some. Thanks for the file!

4 Likes

Wait? Aren’t the images year-round? Everyday is Halloween…or so I have heard. Seems like it every time I pass a Hot Topic or Spencers.

My decorating plan for this year…create some fun Halloween decorations for the yard then, after Halloween, place Santa hats on all the creatures (in the spirit of “The Nightmare Before Christmas”). I wonder how it will go over in the new neighborhood?

jack in santa hat

13 Likes

Hahahaha–looks great, and awesome idea! Somebody a few streets away has an enormous Sinclair dinosaur in their front yard that they dress up for the seasons.

5 Likes

Ooooooo, get her to make a set (then ask if you can share it here). :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

They totally should be year round! I’m pretty sure that wouldn’t fly in my neighborhood…but I’m game to try it! I’ll just say it’s the latest craze hitting the west coast :wink: and see what happens…

4 Likes