Pre-Release | Festive Light Strings (beginner project)

My sister and brother in law keep halloween stuff out year 'round and just dress it up for each season.

My sister’s particular favorite is Nightmare Before Christmas. I don’t have any photos of Jack wearing Easter Bunny ears but here he is dancing in her Christmas tree like he does in the film. :slight_smile:

If you look directly under his right arm, there is a Zero ornament I made for her, 3D printed in translucent resin.

15 Likes

This. Is. Wonderful. Thank you for posting!!

3 Likes

Very cool!

1 Like

Ha this is awesome. We have the same. Also our cat thinks it is one of oogie boogies servants:

11 Likes

A good deal of our decorations are still up, but it’s all Hill Valley 1955, 1885 fromBack to the Future

8 Likes

Thanks to you - I had an idea to make Mickey Mouse Ears that lights up with LED lights!!! Whoa!

2 Likes

Hot Topic is heaven!

1 Like

Wasn’t my inspiration if Disney comes a knockin at your door… Nope…not me :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: :wink:

2 Likes

That sounds exactly like my sister as well, much to be brother in laws chagrin, I made her a full size Jack a couple years ago out of paper coated in two part plastic that finally got retired last year from wear and tear. I will no doubt be getting orders for more Halloween things the day after I get the printer.

He has a great story too, I flew with him as check luggage from New York to Louisiana, and the box was covered in TSA tape and validation stickers, it was opened at least twice on the way down. Apparently a large box that weighs maybe 3lbs full of what looks like a pile of spindly body parts is suspicious

18 Likes

Can’t imagine why. :rofl:

4 Likes

What a fun part of the story.

Love the “Jack!” It is fantastic!

1 Like

Wow that Jack is awesome! My sister AND brother in law would eat a Kit Kat bar for that!

Oh and that Jack O Lantern at her feet looks like the credits/concept art for Mike Wazowski!

2 Likes

That is great! I would love to make this project as well. Might add some design to use all year and make it Doctor Who themed. :wink: I would love to see you post “lessons learned” and such. I have been busy and haven’t started learning what to do once the GF arrives … I started reading in one section of the forum and it immediately went over my head…so many settings!!

I need to find the place to begin and just commit to learning something every week until it arrives. Again thank you for posting!

4 Likes