Pre-Release Glowforge: delivery, unboxing, setup, first prints! :glowforge:

OMG, it’s a real box!! :heart_eyes:

6 Likes

Refresh, refresh, refresh…

6 Likes

Just a note (granted from a non-expert in packaging design): the box is not rated for 50G, and FedEx guarantees that boxes won’t experience that level of abuse, so there’s a good chance the GF inside is broken. If that’s true,
a) crap, and I’m sorry, and
b) @Rita will help you send it back at our expense.

Here’s hoping for you! (And everyone else who might watch the livestream and be disappointed).

–dan

15 Likes

You hush…lol. Hoping you are so wrong this time!:smile::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

14 Likes

No no no, It’s fine, that was just a glancing blow.

I’m sure of it… …right?

3 Likes

57 Likes

You could modestly smack the Shockwatch Indicator with a small hammer and easily get 50Gs without even budging the box. Maybe you’ll be lucky.

11 Likes

I genuinely laughed out loud when I saw this. I was thinking the same thing when I read Dan’s post! LOL!

10 Likes

Ok. Live stream isn’t happening. Had no time to set it up. Will record and post video later. The damage to the box is a concern and I want to focus. Will post later the video.

19 Likes

So glad you got an early one…and so quickly! Thanks for sharing the process with the rest of us. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

:+1: out of likes and good luck

6 Likes

Good luck. Hopefully the packing is exceptional and there are no issues. Besides the disappointment of being so close to being a Laser Jedi and having it snatched away, the re-packing and inspection will be a pain.

5 Likes

Absolute chaos this evening. Tries to set up streaming. No go. First unboxing was time lapse accidentally. Crud. Am trying to upload the retake. Stay tuned.

It’s beautiful and no obvious signs of damage inside.

29 Likes

Better protect that box or the cat will claim it. Lol
Such pressure…I’m sure you feel all of us breathing down your neck.

12 Likes

I am totally unprepared for the video spotlight. It’s not trivial to set up a YouTube stream in 15 minutes never having done it. Should have been better prepared never thought I’d have anything worth posting live.

So here is the link to the ProofGrade Unboxing. Since it is still masked you can’t see it well. It’s very sturdy and hefty.

59 Likes

Boom. :grinning:

4 Likes

Was that in the same box as the glowforge, or was it shipped sperate?

5 Likes

Separate. Preparing unboxing of Glowforge and uploading now. Stay tuned.

17 Likes

This is like watching a movie on TV with a cliffhanger before every commercial!

14 Likes

This is awesome! The anticipation is killing me!!

7 Likes