Pre-Release Glowforge: delivery, unboxing, setup, first prints! :glowforge:

great thanks for the vid… where did the goat go (profile pic?)

The are impressive. I thought they were metal, then pvc. Very sturdy. The ProofGrade sheets are beautiful. The leather is immaculate.

13 Likes
44 Likes

Obligatory pre watch SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

10 Likes

Got it posted before me! Apologies to folks who do this for a living. But it’s pretty fun. I’ll be up a while posting some other bits and pieces. I haven’t even watched it before uploading.

13 Likes

I have to do something about that Google profile pic. Was the worst selfie.

3 Likes

Oh no! The video ended on another cliffhanger! What about the crumb tray!?!

9 Likes

imean your profile pic in the gf forum you have a goat in it

2 Likes

Thanks so much for all your hard work and efforts. Awesomeness!!!

6 Likes

Seems like a glancing blow all along the side. Everything looks good inside.

Top and bottom foam harnesses that are open.[quote=“SunnyStarbucks, post:23, topic:3621”]
fit in that box.
[/quote]

Sadly about ten years ago, so could I have.

That’s what I think.

Separate box. And I could feel the whole team’s presence with me. It really means something to have gotten to know some of the team this past year.

Credits to the folks at Flex in CA. It looks beautiful. Will post hardware pics tomorrow.

Biggest iPhone yet! (sorry had to make the reference).

Just one.

Getting some consult on that from Glowforge. they have been supportive, and I don’t want to make trouble. They gave me the go ahead to unbox. Credit to them. And setup is necessary. The print head was packed like a Fabergé egg with layers of cubed foam. I stopped at the top layer of the printhead when I saw the exposed lenses and other beautifully crafted things. That requires a clean desk and care when I install.

My bad that I wasn’t there. But I at least had a good excuse.

Sorry to disappoint and delay. I at least had a YouTube channel set up, but got stumped trying to set up streaming quickly. Never thought I’d need it.

So far so good. Will proceed with setup tomorrow.

He was out of the room during the unboxing. Got caught on the other side of the door. Poor guy.

Too bad I didn’t have a camera capturing the feeble attempts at this video. It was crazy. I did the whole unboxing and then found out that I had it on time lapse! Will post that one too! I’m a goof. But I did give a good sermon in Spanish tonight and the group like my turkey and noodle soup, so I have that going for me.

Ok. I have to post that one. Hang on shortly.

16 Likes

Totally was burning up by time I finished these videos. How do they do it. No wonder all The CA YouTubers have cold shops. The lights are hot.

Here is crumb tray.

36 Likes

I gota say, I really enjoy how you even describe the smell of the items.

7 Likes

Agreed :yum:

2 Likes

Huh. A used 'Forge. Interesting.

Welp congrats on getting one. Enjoy it.

3 Likes

Just a note from GF HQ: a bunch of us are here late and watching the unboxing with much excitement.

Indeed, we ran this unit at GF HQ for two days before sending it out - we’re still doing extensive QA on each prerelease unit.

44 Likes

Ah.

Are there any other pre-release units going out? Or you guys are doing the ‘burn-in’ one at a time?

1 Like

There are advantages to living on the West Coast - I get to see all these videos tonight instead of tomorrow morning! :slight_smile:

Thanks for sharing your exciting evening with us all!

5 Likes

Looks pretty clean on the inside. The tube is a work of art. I have only seen pics of them and will do some more detail photos. Here is under the hood.

34 Likes

Interesting. So the head assembly is shipped off and the end user has to install it?

5 Likes

why the three boxes… Forge, crumb, proof grade. Will this be consolidated for production shipping or at least maybe the forge and crumb? Or does it bounce around to much if ahipped inside?

3 Likes