Pre-Release Glowforge: delivery, unboxing, setup, first prints! :glowforge:

They might have reasons but I tell you the crumb tray has some heft to it, as do the proof grade. Was surprised about the print head though.

Here is the final video which was actually the first video. Warts and all. I had my iPad on time lapse. Duh. Slow down replay in your YouTube settings. Sorry.

Last video of the night. Will post some stills in some other topics and this one perhaps.

29 Likes

I actually love it as a time lapse! :slight_smile: I sometimes do that for my students when I’m working in my shop–they get a kick out of seeing things made that end up in the library.

This was so much fun to watch–felt like watching my nieces on Christmas morning! It’s finally feeling “real!”

7 Likes

Dang it!

26 Likes

Saved me the trouble of trying that. Thanks!

8 Likes

Ha! I’m amused that I’m not the only one who tried. :smiley:

12 Likes

And now for a Monty Python intermission…

22 Likes

What about the manual ! I thought maybe that initial delivery from the truck on the cart was the boxed manual and they would return to the truck for the GF…:grinning: Seriously though - very excited for you and can’t wait to experience that smell for myself… ( any Maple in that Proofgrade ®? J/K)

7 Likes

Maple and walnut veneer. Nice maple veneered mdf. Maple plywood. Will double check for a piece of solid maple but don’t think so.

6 Likes

@marmak3261 no need to apologize for anything. We all realize you are under the gun, so to speak. We’re all grateful that you’re taking the time to share the experience at all!

17 Likes

Thank you so so much for sharing and doing all the videos and answering questions. I’m sure everyone really appreciate it! :clap:

5 Likes

I have been wanting to see what the bottom looks like, and you were thoughtful enough to show it…but I was unsure of exactly what I was seeing. Do the ‘feet’ or runners or whatever they’re called…run lengthwise? And how far is the one in front set back from the front of the machine itself. Sorry, I’m having a difficult time describing what I want to know. Could the front of the Glowforge actually come out past the edge of the table or desk and still be safely in contact on the bottom? Thank you!

11 Likes

Yes. There are two rubber feet on the bottom of the unit. They run the length of the machine and that’s what contacts the table. The front of the machine (or air filter) may overhang slightly the edge of the table.

14 Likes

You are a great person do all this for us. Really enjoy your enthusiasm. Please tell your helpers thank you also. Camera person, set up crew.

7 Likes

Bad time to be out of likes but thanks so much for taking the time to do all of this

5 Likes

I feel like a kid at Christmas watching the NORAD radar feed of Santa flying down from the North Pole to deliver all my presents. AND YES @dan, I HAVE BEEN A GOOD BOY THIS YEAR!

10 Likes

First thing I checked this morning was this! A bunch of videos to watch! Thanks for doing this @marmak3261!

@dan and @staff, how many boxes should we be expecting? My count is 4 or 5: Glowforge, crumbtray, print head, proofgrade, and filter (optional).

5 Likes

Thanks for the input, @terence! How far apart of the rubber feet (front to back)? Seeing the video, it looks like an exiting table I have may be wide deep enough to catch both of the runners.

2 Likes

@marmak3261 Thank you so much for sharing your excitement will all of us. Truly appreciate the effort you put into showing and telling us what you were finding. Really looking forward to seeing the GF setup and working for you :slight_smile:

3 Likes

That box will make a killer cat castle…may need to explain to Dan when return time comes why there are so many holes in it :slight_smile:
Our cats love amazon prime…boxes, and one loves to pop the big air cushions they use. Some place send something wrapped in this die cut cushioning paper…best cat toy ever…it all ended up in confetti after about a week…tempted to by a roll just for the entertainment factor…

9 Likes

I was headed there next, thanks…

2 Likes