Pre-Release | Harley

Different companies that started at a very similar time and have been competing ever since. Pretty good miniseries “Harley and the Davidsons”. As with all TV, not completely historically accurate but the main nuts and bolts are there.

3 Likes

I just saw a new Indian the other day, beautiful bike!
There is a Great movie, ‘The World’s Fastest Indian’ based on a true story starring Antony Hopkins.
The guy, Burt Munro set the land speed record on the salt for the CC class set in 1967 that still stands.

11 Likes

A favorite of my husband’s.
‘The World’s Fastest Indian’

6 Likes

I agree, that was a great movie in the way it told this incredible story. Can you imagine trying to cast a piston in your garage for a race engine?

2 Likes

Really, the guy loved that bike. Casting pistons is above my pay grade.

2 Likes

I believe it’s on Amazon Prime. I watched it a few weeks ago - great series!

1 Like

@PrintToLaser I have a 1963 Harley Sprint in the garage. The 1965 version set the land speed record for a 250cc single banger engine at 177mph+.

I never had mine that fast but I did pit for a 4 time National Champ hydroplane racer who did his own engine work in his basement. He bored out a Honda 350 for me that would smoke a Honda 450.

Maybe I should fine tune the Harley in my garage and go for that 1965 record! :-)))

6 Likes

Hey man, wouldn’t that be cool? With a vintage engine, that would put you in the same class. Now, it’s not my fault. Your widow can’t blame me. :-1: That’s all on you.

3 Likes

Love how you oriented the grain on this work-piece!

Brother in law is a graphic designer. He used to work for a volume licensing shop that had a Harley contract. Oil can lava lamp, great. Lunchbox, dandy. Cups, prints, clocks… good. They put a HD tea set together and lost the license.
He still owns one of the offending prototypes.

10 Likes

Only if you are selling them, My friend owns a Harley and his birthday is coming up in august and this would look great in his basement office…

WTDnnwE

8 Likes

Cute GIF! :smile:

2 Likes

So if all of these companies are so tough on copyright infringement then how come I found two web sites where you can pretty much down load any logo that you may want…

Seeklogo & Brands of the world

I found those web sites on a google search

As i said, all I want to do is make a gift for a friend

Yeah, but we’ve seen it soooooooooo many times it’s like bea… oh… wait. nevermind. :wink:

2 Likes

If all you’re doing is making a gift or an item for yourself, it may be a violation of IP rights, but what are they going to do? Send a cease and desist letter? Take more serious legal action? And draw attention to the fact the corporate behemoth is attacking someone who has spent thousands of dollars and hundreds of hours of their time on them? I don’t know why you can find these logo sites, but if you’re not selling it then the chances of someone taking action against you are minuscule.

2 Likes

Well, you can find all manner of illicit crap on the internet. The fact that it’s available doesn’t make it legal or cool … but hey, live your life.

As I (and so many others) have already said here - if you’re making a one off for personal use, you’re probably not going to get sued over it. A big brand probably won’t feel the pinch from that; if you’re doing this with the work of an independent artist, the cool/honorable thing would be to give them credit.

I’m so over this thread.

1 Like

Yeah. This is one the reasons why I stopped posting. I’ll get all excited about something I’ve made. I’ll post it. And with-in 2~4 posts it gets completely derailed. Then due to the derailment, the convo dies off. One of the other reasons thing is I’ll post something, no one says anything. Then hours to months later, someone will post the same thing and panties and bras get thrown all over the place. Which gives me the impression that what I do is straight up getting ignored. Also, if I comment to someone thats being a jerk. I get a barrage of PMs filled with name calling. Not really worth my time. So I just lurk.

5 Likes

I sure understand where you’re coming from …on all counts. I for one really like seeing what you both make even if sometimes I don’t have a clue what it is (:slightly_smiling_face: like techno electronic stuff).

2 Likes

I’d go ahead and post them anyway. Looks to me like everything you’ve posted in the Made on a Glowforge category has generated a lot of likes, including this one at 95, which means the people on the forum at that time are seeing it, and obviously liking it.

The derailing of conversations is just internet. Not gonna stop that train.

3 Likes