Pre-Release | Manual Rotary Indexer

The tray is gone. The picture of the cardboard with rollers is with the tray out.

4 Likes

Thanks, I missed that.

2 Likes

Very slick dude, very slick!

1 Like

Probably a better solution than mine.

2 Likes

Correct. In fact, the system architecture locks things down pretty tightly during a print, so very little happens that isnā€™t part of the printing process.

8 Likes

It canā€™t unfortunately. I just ordered a webcam so I can timelapse record all my cuts =)

8 Likes

Shame as the lid cam gives the best view and at the same time obstructs the view for another camera. I wonder if the data can be intercepted by tapping into its cable.

1 Like

Itā€™s mostly obscured by the head & rail during printing.

3 Likes

Ah yes of course. I bet the head camā€™s view is interesting but probably too manic.

1 Like

I donā€™t know if Iā€™ve seen a headcam image during the cut, but Iā€™m going to guess itā€™s a screen full of white or black most of the time as the auto-exposure would have to adjust each time the laser turned on or off.

9 Likes

Yeah the gantry is in the way most of the time. I have to angle my phone to get a good shot during engraving. Looking forward to the webcam =)

4 Likes

@Scott.Burns @palmercr ā€¦or an accelerometer double-sided taped to the laser head.

1 Like

Just not on top to block the logo or it wontā€™ home properly :slight_smile:

Thatā€™s a great hack. Iā€™ve been considering doing the same thing when mine comes with 1 additional detail. Add a Sherline rotary encoder to control rotation. I want to be able to do some spirals, and Iā€™m hoping Iā€™ll be able to add a hack for that whenever I get mine. The acrylic supports are well done and inspiring.

4 Likes

Whoa. Thatā€™s just brilliant. Incredible!

Maybe @Jules could hook it up to a Hedgehog treadmill and train them to watch for next pass (and then ā€œrunā€ a little) :thinking::hedgie:

6 Likes

Now thereā€™s a plan!:smile:

2 Likes

You would need some tiny googles goggles though.

5 Likes

And even tinier iPads to use for those googles.

6 Likes

I wish my fingers would type what I am thinking more often.

9 Likes