Pre-Release | Stamp "Unless"

Thanks to the awesome twosome @karaelena, I’ve made my first stamp on the Glowforge. Thanks so much for the artwork, AI help, and settings advice!!

Glowforge + @karaelena = Awesome!!

83 Likes

Word.

11 Likes

Looks great! :smiley:

8 Likes

Looks great

If you don’t mind me asking, what stamp material did you use? Where did you get it? This is one of the things I want to do, and haven’t completed my search for materials and info.

7 Likes

I don’t mind at all:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B017IHVSLM/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

28 Likes

I love this! Am I correct in thinking that it’s a Seuss reference?

7 Likes

Looks really nice.

You may also want to try out the Linoleum from inventibles (that’s mounted on a block) that I used when @joe visited to play with the PRU. I works really nicely (and you can get it in blocks from very small to let’s print a page sizes. It engraved super well (well other than us forgetting to reverse the print so that what you print comes out forward - oops)

https://community.glowforge.com/t/your-morning-joe/7225?source_topic_id=8230
12 Likes

So flippin’ pumped for this! Can’t wait to make all my stamping dreams come true!

5 Likes

Yep. Save the trees, people. :evergreen_tree::deciduous_tree::palm_tree::upside_down:

5 Likes

That makes me love it even more :revolving_hearts:

9 Likes

I “liked” your stamp back in April. I wish I could like it again. It’s great.

Thanks for the tip!

2 Likes

Looks great! Thanks for the rubber source–I have a piece of rubber I got from a different place but I haven’t tried it yet. Your source is cheaper.

1 Like

My wife has tons of stamps. But being able to make her own will totally blow her mind. :heart_eyes: She will be so excited! @rebecca Thanks so much for sharing this. I had neglected that from my materials for when my Glowforge arrives. Ordering now :grinning:

Do you use just wood scraps to mount the stamp? I have Never made a stamp before.

3 Likes

I had some 1x2 poplar trim in the garage. I simply grabbed a handsaw, sand paper, and a bit of glue.

3 Likes

After @henryhbk cut some Linoleum stamps from inventibles, I decided to buy this. Its a sheet of Linoleum that you can laser, then mount to something else. I’m looking forward to trying it out!

5 Likes

Does the GF have the rubber stamp mode, which was promised way back, yet?

2 Likes

No there is not a separate rubber stamp mode in the UI. Either way, it’s just a matter of one of the members posting the settings and passes, isn’t it? I don’t expect any such capability before the company starts selling Proofgrade material that can be used for this function. At this time there is no such material in the materials shop.

Rubber stamps are not something I care about, so will admit that haven’t paid any real attention to the posts on that subject. So I don’t remember a rubber stamp mode being promised, though not ruling it out.

2 Likes

I don’t remember it being promised. Here’s your post that has Dan’s reply from last Oct.

1 Like

I’ve been thinking about this. I have made several rubber (actually, clear laser polymer) stamps and they all suffer from the weakness you refer to. If I engrave too deeply, the thinnest lines don’t have enough support and they don’t stamp well. So I’d be interested in a rubber stamp mode as well. However, there is one thing I plan to try in the meantime: create an intermediate level for engraving that would only go halfway down and would outline each element for a few 10ths of a millimeter. (Hope that makes sense.) So for example your intermediate level would be superimposed on the deeper engrave in a different color in the UI and would have shallower engrave settings. I plan to give this a try soon.

3 Likes

If you do, will you please share your findings here? I suspect that these same techniques/principles will apply to leather stamps/embossing plates as well. Have not tried those yet due to time constraints + lack of engraving skill :wink:

2 Likes