Pre-Release | What the deuce?

Today I heard our normal morning mating call of, 'Have you seen my sunglasses?. And today I decided to do something about it. So as usual, I jump into Fusion 360. Whipped something up. While I was designing it, I wanted to do something ‘Snazzy’. For one I wanted them to be color coded. And secondly I wanted to use two different materials.

I decided I was going to paint the bottom half of both holders and the stock already had the pre-mask on it which made that easy. So I added an extra line to convert over to a score once I moved the file over to the UI. That way I can paint the bottom without making a mess.

And in the interest of saving time, I wanted to run both the birch plywood (non-proofgrade) and the 1/4" Acrylic (non-proofgrade) at the same time.

The op took just under 5 mins.

Test Fit.

Took the main bodies outside. Hit them with some paint. Then applied a matte clear coat on them.

Clear Matte Finish.

Glamor Shots.

Simple. But functional.

85 Likes

I’m jealous. I want to make things like these too.

Someday…

Well done.

15 Likes

Now you just need the discipline to put the Sunglasses there each night. :grin: - Rich

18 Likes

Oh, and I’m also jealous that you can paint outside at this time of the year.

18 Likes

Right?! I saw that and I was like, where is he painting…oh, nevermind…he didn’t get the ice storm we just had!

13 Likes

Form follows function, they are great! Like you said simple but that is such a good example of the process of issue --> solution !

12 Likes

Very clever… multiple times of clever! I like the acrylic and the simple
paint job :slight_smile:

13 Likes

Nice touch with the color bar.
Are the notes on the green tape your setting for this material?

7 Likes

Yup. Cut and Engrave.

6 Likes

Looks sharp. I like the scoring the mask so you can peel off a small part to paint. Could do some neat stuff with that idea.

12 Likes

Outstanding sir! I would love to be functional enough in Fusion 360 to be able to whip up something like this easily. But when @jules and the rest of the training team get done, maybe I will.

10 Likes

awesome! I love these projects!

4 Likes

I just got in a 1000ft roll of masking last night =))))

9 Likes

Super cool and oh so wonderful! Love seeing the process of I need something and oh…here I’ll just make it😀 lmao “morning mating call”

6 Likes

Now you just need to work on not getting blue paint on your deck! :confounded: Nice job! :+1:

3 Likes

I assure you the deck has been cleaned seconds after I took that picture. And actually thought about if someone was going to point that out and whether or not to even post that particular one.

4 Likes

Simple yet functional. Awesome.
I especially like the part that you used the cutout from Bleach to hold the Acrylic.

3 Likes

So amazing! Yes, I like that you had a problem. You drew up a solution and laser made it so quickly!!!

Alters the way the brain thinks :smile:

2 Likes

Nice example of the use of 1/4" acrylic. Hint to those heading to Inventables. Good design. Thanks.

3 Likes

Great jod.

1 Like