Precision Position Popup suggestion and the ability to save or not

Could we please also have something like
% difference from original?
Even though I try to be careful, I have dragged parts apart from my original design, an also resized in one direction or another instead of moving.
CTRL Z is my friend, but I don’t always notice in time, and sometimes it doesn’t work.
Another nice thing would be “Do you want to save this new layout?”
I have some Meeples set up for cutting efficiently, but had a bunch of scrap, so moved them all around. The Glowforge app saves the jumbled mess by default - which in other circumstances would be quite handy.
The option to save or not would be nice in both of these situations.
Thanks so much. I love my Glowforge!

1 Like

You can save your file at any time and you can change the name of a file. Once you close the file, the latest iteration is saved. I suggest you save your file as you like it, then make a copy of the file and make the changes on that one.

2 Likes

Thank you for reminding me about the Make a Copy button.
When you say I can save at any time, do you mean going from the Glowforge to the Design Library to save? or is there a Save button that I haven’t found?
Thanks so much for your help.

Your files are constantly being “saved” as you work on them. make a change in a design then quit your browser - when you open the design again, the changed design will be there. You’re working in “the cloud” at all times, unless you lose internet connection. At that point, changes are no longer saved (unless the connection is restored.)

Hi @Helene,

Thanks for the suggestions! I’ll make sure the team gets them.

I’m going to close this thread now. If you have any further questions, feel free to write in to support@glowforge.com and we’ll be happy to help.