"Preparing Your Design" ... then nothing

Had this problem once last night, thought it was a fluke. Now today I can cut once, but subsequent print commands will get up to the ‘preparing your design’ screen, then boot me back to the layout. I have tried clearing cache, cookies, restarting browser, restarting machine, multiple files, multiple actions (cut/engrave/score). Every time same thing: something will reset some switch and I can get one job done, but the next attempt I’m back to square one.
I’ve searched on this topic and everything I can find points to the file complexity as the culprit, but I am trying currently to cut an EXTREMELY simple file and I get the same problem. Need suggestions because I’m beating my head against a wall here.wall%20mount%20add-ons

1 Like

And of course now that I broke down and posted, I just ran two jobs in a row. …grrr…

Suggestions for future attempted remedies are still welcome :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

If it stating “preparing your Print” then nothing and the file is good, sounds like it may a server issue on the their end. I’m old but if memory serves, that’s when it’s send the info to the server then back to the GF to actually print…

1 Like

Been having that problem too in the last little while. Some simple rectangles, fingers crossed it’s their servers. Yet another vote for offline printing capabilities.

1 Like

I am having the same issue. Just started doing it today. “Scanning your material” > “Preparing your design” > then sends me back to the GFUI. I repeated the process several times and just now got it to run a print.

I know they are working on getting updates to machines so I am hoping it is just a slight server hiccup. I have several large pieces I need to complete today for customers.

Yeah, I had myself convinced for a hot minute that it was just because I was getting the snapmark update. No such luck :frowning_face:

Same issue here. Hope they get it fixed really soon.

Also having problems with sending files to the machine, and even stopping mid-print. Hope this is server issues and that they are quickly resolved, no idea what else might be going on.

At least glad to hear that it wasn’t just me or that I wasn’t going crazy!

I’ve been having issues all day with the server. It has caused a pretty simple job that should maybe take about 3-4 hours into a 10 hour job.

Thanks for letting us know about this. I’m so sorry for the trouble. We believe we’ve identified the problem and the team is working on a solution.

I’m sorry that I don’t have more details to share right now, but I’ll update this thread as soon as I have more information.

4 Likes

Thanks so much for your patience, and I’m sorry it took so long to follow up in this thread. Our team has addressed an issue that may have caused prints that would normally print to fail around the time of your report.

We believe this has now been resolved. Could you please try one or two of the prints you were having trouble with last week, and let me know if you’re still having trouble?

It’s been a little while since I’ve seen any replies on this thread so I’m going to close it. If you still need help with this please either start a new thread or email support@glowforge.com.