Prerelease Request: Post your Lid Camera Pictures here

I am assuming you got a good night sleep? :wink:

4 Likes

I did! :smiley:

And thank you for reminding me! I need to let @dan know that he’s marketing these things all wrong… :smile:

2 Likes

Here ya go!

I’ve not seen that ghosting thing I see in your screen shot, so I guess it’s something they’ve got a handle on now.

Edit: on closer inspection I think what I’m seeing in your screen shot is just the thickness of the material.

6 Likes

Just took this one…looks pretty darned fuzzy to me!

5 Likes

Here’s mine.

4 Likes

There shouldn’t be a lot of takeaway by the community at large other than that the company is still working on camera/focus QA. This unit’s corner focus is about the same as everyone else’s. But the overhead camera is out of alignment. I would bet money that it didn’t leave the factory that way. H/W misalignment would not have been missed during testing. It might be a future issue once the bed limits are increased but is not impacting what I am able to do now. The QRcode is read every time and the misalignment is for areas that are outside of the current S/W bed limitation. The second pic shows the limiting borders.

8 Likes

I agree here. Reiterating that this is just documenting the state of the art and improvements in this area are on the way. I am definitely reassured that the lid camera I have is functioning as normal. It recognizes bar codes consistently (only one time for one sheet of one material did it hiccup.)

2 Likes

Will take one tomorrow. Hubs is on storm crew and we had high winds yesterday… so he pulled a 24 hr workday, got home at 7 am, and is now crashed out in the room next to the office. Gonna let him get his beauty sleep for now :wink:

3 Likes

Your algorithm needs adjusting. Send a report to Rita. Show her that screen shot.

edit: Report the arcs at the edge of the image, and the blurriness of the image.

2 Likes

@jamesdhatch, yours does too.

edit: Report the arcs at the edge of the image.

2 Likes

Actually, every pic posted so far has roughly the same “blur” to it. No body’s is as crisp as I would have thought it would be.

3 Likes

The blur over the QR code is one thing. I believe @Jules is referring to the crescents in the corners of the bed image on @Xabbess and @jamesdhatch’s images. That’s an issue a few folks have touched on. I never had those artifacts.

5 Likes

Mine shifts quite a bit depending on whether I press the lid all the way down or not. Sometimes itll show more of the right if I dont do that. My lid normally sits a little more askew as I never press it down, but I did for this shot.

I also had to go back and adjust my focus a bit more after seeing how much crisper everyone elses PG stickers were lol

6 Likes
5 Likes

Yeah, Henry had them on his…I think they fixed it.

2 Likes

Something else to remind yourself (before worrying a bit like I caught myself doing) is that the overhead camera is designed for general object placement. The head camera is supposed to allow for finer control, although I have to assume since we haven’t seen any shots from that camera, it’s still work in progress. Otherwise we’d see super-megapixel stitched photos of the entire bed by now.

Or am I completely wrong?

2 Likes

No one in PRU land can confirm or deny this afaik. I havent seen it working in any way yet.

4 Likes

No they’re still there, but they fixed the really. really blurry image (we focused manually)

Oop! My bad. I thought that had gotten rid of them.

Yeah. My machine had the beer goggles also.

4 Likes