Prerelease Request: Post your Lid Camera Pictures here

Oop! My bad. I thought that had gotten rid of them.

Yeah. My machine had the beer goggles also.

4 Likes

I’m having problems with a sheet of maple ply that it won’t recognize. So I just pick it from the menu selections. No biggie.

3 Likes

That didnt used to work. SO glad they changed that. Thanks again @staff

3 Likes

OK…thanks. Will do.

same here…once in a while

Soooo…what’s the consensus here…I report this or no? Getting confusing info. here.

2 Likes

Since they all don’t look like this I reported it. You probably should too. No harm if it’s something they know about already.

5 Likes

Yeah go ahead and report it. They already know about it, but might not know the extent of the issue.

3 Likes

Here’s mine. QR codes are being recognized, but the maths are a little weird down in the corners…

Here a close-up provided by using the zoom in the GFUI:

5 Likes

I wonder if they see pictures of our beds at GF HQ?

(You might ought to report it to Rita too.)

5 Likes

The pictures that everyone provided looked like the focus was best at the upper left corner and poorest at the lower right corner on everyone’s GF. Don’t know if its significant but that’s how I saw it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m finding the best focus is directly underneath the camera. What the screenshots don’t show is that the UI isn’t showing the entire bed – it’s clipping the image so that it’s just a big bigger than the current allowable work area. This is a PRU-specific artifact and is expected to be changed by release.

The allowable work area is closer to the front of the bed, so the clipped bed images show the maths artifacts in the corners, but not toward the back.

Hope this helps!

7 Likes

Don’t do that. We had a long run of head cameras that were out of alignment. :slight_smile:

That’s another problem we’ve been improving lately - every lid will sit square on its base. We also have ways to compensate in the image if it’s slightly ajar.

Please report everything, regardless of any information you get in the forum. :slight_smile:

10 Likes

One of the things that I think of is that Glowforge is interested in how the prerelease units work with the expectations of the users. So reporting your personal experience of the issue is always helpful. It may be a hardware problem, it may be a software problem, it may be something I am not quite understanding at the moment. You can submit positive experiences too and reinforce something that you think is super great. Don’t worry about bothering them or working them too hard. I was downplaying my use of the prerelease because I had such positive experiences. Other prerelease users were probably doing way more support interactions because they had a better context and more concrete expectations of what to look for.

And as always: this are prerelease experiences so there is a wide variety of builds hardware-wise that are in the wild.

7 Likes

I just bothered the heck out of them for the longest time…(they were so incredibly patient about it too.)

But yeah, daily reports with my impressions, suggestions, questions, files and photos, examples, tutorials…

Pretty much what I do here, but all crammed together into a big daily ball of “Oh Lord! She’s sent another one! Whose turn is it?”

(I literally asked them if they wanted me to number them so they could keep track of them more easily. Chuckle!)

It finally tapered off and a sigh of great relief was heard in Seattle.

6 Likes

I wondered what that huge heaving sound was, coming from the north. Thought a storm was brewing![quote=“Jules, post:36, topic:6947”]
sigh of great relief was heard in Seattle.
[/quote]

:relaxed:

4 Likes

Yes! Well stated.

6 Likes

I’d certainly be happy to report all findings as they happen if I were lucky enough to become a pre-releaser. I’d get that “I helped shape this thing in some small way” feeling :wink:

2 Likes

Yeah. My machine had the beer goggles also.

Everything looks better at closing time?

1 Like