Present for a wee newborn

So I found this paper figure on Etsy and when a friend got her first child I had an excuse to make one myself.

Cutting and assembly was fine. Only after cutting the paper for the moon did I notice I would get a much cleaner result (i.e.no burn marks) when cutting and scoring the outside.
The one issue that was a pain was file preparation. The seller kindly gave me a pdf file without write protection but it still took me far to long to prepare the svg files for the GF. In AI the entire project was saved on a myriad of Layers I was not able to combine.
If anyone I interested in making this piece I could forward my GF compatible SVG file to the artist for distribution. https://www.etsy.com/no-en/listing/750681550/pdf-template-fawn-on-the-moon-low-poly?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=moon+paper+craft&ref=sr_gallery-1-1&organic_search_click=1&bes=1 https://www.etsy.com/no-en/listing/750681550/pdf-template-fawn-on-the-moon-low-poly?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=moon+paper+craft&ref=sr_gallery-1-1&organic_search_click=1&bes=1

47 Likes

Awesome.

2 Likes

That is brilliant unfortunately I doubt I have the patience to make something like this lol.

6 Likes

Wow! Cute! They will love that piece! Nice work.

3 Likes

Very nice job on that!

2 Likes

Absolutely so precious. I do have the patience but I would need some assistance with a bottle of Scotch.

My version —- a sleeping Westie.

6 Likes

So sweet! What a lovely gift!

2 Likes

That is adorable!

1 Like

So creative!!! Now, can you translate that to wood or MDF?

3 Likes

That softened my cold, jaded heart.

3 Likes

Ha, glad to hear that😉 It is too cheesy for my own taste, but young mother’s apparently have a soft spot for such…

4 Likes

Thanks! Creativity is a strange concept.Now that I have the GF and buy other people’s files I feel like: nay, anyone can do this! My only contribution is a degree of patients :wink:

2 Likes

It is perfect for a baby’s room. So sweet!

My next paper project is a winter castle to sit on top of my granddaughter’s dresser. Anxious to get started.

2 Likes

Nice. I need to figure out how to make that with a fox in the middle.

1 Like

The etsy store sells this one

4 Likes

Oh my, that’s stunning. Makes me wish I lived in the same country and my newest niece; I think shipping that across the Atlantic wouldn’t work so well!

3 Likes

This looks great

Gorgeous

So cute!!

I don’t want to claim undue credit! I only made the fawn. The picture of the fox was taken from the Etsy shop to illustrate that a fox version was available :wink: