Presenting the Biltmore Conservatory (in gingerbread)

Wonderful! The Biltmore is a treasure for sure. It’s one of my goals to get there for the Christmas season.

2 Likes

Thanks! You really should, that place is magical at Christmas!

1 Like

That’s just crazy good. I’m always impressed with your work, but this…Wow.

6 Likes

Aww, that’s so nice to say, thanks!

2 Likes

Beautiful job. My wife and I visited there a couple of years ago and you totally nailed it.

4 Likes

You and I are peanut butter and jelly. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND this book— Lady On the Hill — Howard Covington

Please send the pictures to Biltmore!!

7 Likes

That is the best. Hmm. I will hold off on posting the picture of the box I just made. :slight_smile:
This is great work!!!

6 Likes

Yup.

4 Likes

Thanks so much!

Not just edible but Incr-edible a well! :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

I know you made a gingerbread house last year too, but I honestly don’t remember it being anywhere near on this level. Could be my memory but this really is impressive!! Wow, just wow!!! Will this be in a competition or is that sidelined this year?

2 Likes

Thank you! I don’t do competitions, but since most of them are virtual, I might send in a photo to one I know of. I just don’t like the deadlines for the contests, and really, what I do is terribly unimpressive compared to what the people who do the contests create. Really some amazing stuff. Also, houses do not typically win gingerbread competitions anymore-- which I think is sad in a way. But if you look up the winners of the Grove Park Inn national contest, most are sculptures, not structures. Except last year, Beatriz Muller came in second place with a house, but look at it:

She doesn’t even use construction grade gingerbread or a laser!

8 Likes

Not proofgrade either

5 Likes

From one AVL Glowforge owner to another, major kudos on this project! So impressive on so many levels!

2 Likes

Thank you! I had to look up what AVL stands for haha. Welcome to the forum!

Wow! The details are just incredible. Congrats on another fantastic project!

4 Likes

Thanks!

WOW! Incredible!

1 Like

That is simply amazing.
I would love to do a Victorian dollhouse, one day.

Thank you for sharing!

~Shannon

1 Like

I can’t even begin to describe the awe…

1 Like