Print in warmer rooms; dramatic lights (Latest Improvements)

The new lights are awesome!

3 Likes

How long does it take to chill before starting to print - is it only until itā€™s within operating range?

Would it be possible to have a setting that lets you ā€œprechill before starting to printā€ that cools to the lowest temperature before the job starts? (I.e. I would accept a slower start if the coolant was cold enough to run the longest at the beginning, rather than only chilled enough to pause 3 minutes later)

2 Likes

I donā€™t understand how it can do any cooling at the start when the machine has been sitting and everything is at ambient temperature. Unless it has been run recently, and has some residual heat, there is nothing it can do by blowing ambient air over a system that is already at ambient temperature.

3 Likes

It always amuses me to hear people say they turned on a fan and then left the room a while to let it cool down.

7 Likes

Perfect. Thanks @dan

EDIT: for additional response,

He also said

So they have adjusted that and that should help.

However the big answer to your question is the exhaust port. It has already been shown that the outside heat/cold/humidity can enter the machine through the exhaust port when the machine is dormant. Running the fans at the beginning will evacuate the stale air and allow the coolant to get a good cycle through the heat exchanger. Iā€™d say itā€™s a solid idea that defiantly couldnā€™t hurt to have if it is 95Ā° outside and 74Ā° in the room.

3 Likes

Iā€™m probably in the minority, but I actually prefer the bright lights when the lid is opened. The bed is still brightly lit which makes it easier to align the material as straight as possible. This is one of the settings that would be cool to have listed under Preferences (along with other things like ā€œRun fan x seconds after print finishesā€). With all of that said, this is a minor issue and Iā€™ll be happy either way.

4 Likes