Print Stopped error - no indication of why

I turned on my GF to make a nameplate (and I’ve made this design, with different names, many times before). It did its start-up routine just fine (centering, etc.), and I entered the settings for the engrave etc. But when I hit “print” it just shows “Print Stopped – Unable to Complete Print” before it does anything. There are no details, so I can’t tell at all WHY it is unhappy. Here’s what I’m seeing (details grayed out):

I tried rebooting the GF, leaning on the lid in case it thinks it’s loose/open, etc. but no change.

Help! How do I find out what the problem is? And then how do I fix it?

– Tom

Aaaand never mind. After posting this, I tried it again, first going to the “Dashboard,” randomly deleting a few older designs, then opening this one again and trying print, and it worked. I still have no idea why it didn’t work before, nor why it is now. Annoying.

3 Likes

Glad you’re back up!

Mine did this on the second day I used it. I rebooted my computer and GF and it hasn’t happened since. It does make you a little nervous though. Glad your back at it,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I’m sorry to hear you got stuck for a bit with a ‘Print Stopped’ error, but very glad to hear your Glowforge is back up and running now.

I reviewed the logs from your unit and I don’t see anything obvious that would have lead to the error you received. I wish I had a better answer as to the cause for you. If it happens again, please email us at support@glowforge.com with the date and time the error occurred and we’ll look into it further. Thank you!