Print stopped error

Could you pls check the logs and see what’s going on this morning? From about 9:30 - 11:30 Arizona time. I’ve had 3 Print Stopped error messages and have had to reboot each time. It also has taken much longer than usual to calibrate, scan and prepare for print. thx!

P.S. It also has indicated a status of Offline twice when it was on and seemingly ready to print. I’m up to 5 reboots in the last 4 hours.

Thank you so much for the details. I’m looking into it now. As soon as I have more information I’ll update this thread.

Thx. Just turned my machine on for the first time today and it was stuck on centering for 5 minutes or so. Something is definitely off.

Thanks for letting us know about this. I extracted the logs from your Glowforge to investigate, and it looks like your Glowforge connected successfully to your Wi-Fi network, but is having trouble maintaining a stable connection. A couple of prints failed prior to your report because the attempt to download information from our servers timed out. Connectivity issues can also lead to longer-than-usual calibration times, because of the information being uploaded and downloaded during this process.

You won’t need to go through Wi-Fi setup again, but it should help to perform some troubleshooting of your Wi-Fi network. The most common solution to Wi-Fi challenges is to restart all the devices involved in connecting to the internet.

1. Turn off the computer, phone, or tablet that you’re using
  2. Turn off your Glowforge
  3. Unplug your modem
  4. Unplug your Wi-Fi access point
  5. Wait one minute, then plug everything back in and turn them back on

If that doesn’t work, we have two more suggestions that often make a big difference:

1. Improve the signal path between your Glowforge and your Wi-Fi access point
    Wi-Fi signals need a clear path. Remove physical barriers, and move devices closer together:
  • Move your Wi-Fi access point up high and make sure it’s in an open space. Avoid locating your Wi-Fi access point on the ground, under a desk, in a cabinet, or in a corner where its signal can be blocked.
  • Relocate your Wi-Fi access point closer to your Glowforge
  • Move your Glowforge closer to your Wi-Fi access point
  • Install a Wi-Fi range extender closer to your Glowforge
  • Run an ethernet cable and install a second Wi-Fi access point next to your Glowforge
  1. Reduce electronic and Wi-Fi interference
    If your unit is near other devices that use Wi-Fi or a large number of electronics, temporarily turn off other electronics and devices in the area.

I hope this helps! If you run into any other trouble please start a new thread or email us at support@glowforge.com.