Print Stopped Situation Part Two

This is my post from a few days ago:

This is still happening and I’m not using the slice tool.
I will attach a design I just made. I have only used the rectangle and eclipse shape tools. Those are literally the only two things I did. I placed them and moved them around a bit with the arrows. That’s it. Then I saved it as an SVG and those same errors are happening. It won’t let me upload the sag here again and it won’t cut. Attached here as a PDF. Thanks again in advance <3

Halloween Box Posts 1.pdf (328.0 KB)

Halloween Box Posts 2.pdf (327.5 KB)

Okay, just had time to look at one of them…but the first one has the same problem associated with the circle shapes that your last file did…it’s got white filled circles underlying the circular cutouts that you are showing, and white filled rectangles underneath the rectangular cuts.

You can find this kind of issue by Ungrouping first, then opening your Layers palette and checking for white thumbnails in every other slot.

Another easy way to check is to turn on the Grid background to design on, so you can see any white fills that shouldn’t be in there. (View > Show Grid)

But that might not be the only thing causing the shut down in this case…if you look at the artboard in Illustrator behind the file, you will see an artboard that is 20" by 12" in size. That’s the size of the bed.

If you notice how your file is oriented on it, you will see that the design is too tall for the bed of the machine. That can sometimes cause issues too. So it’s a good idea to always design your files on a 20x12 artboard, to make sure that it is oriented correctly to fit on the bed.

I’m not sure why you are getting the white circles if all you did was create some circles and rectangles. That would normally only happen if you either Expanded it or used the Divide tool. Or sometimes an Auto-Trace. But not just by creating circles and rectangles. (Might be part of the PDF creation process that I’m not familiar with, and if so, then just don’t do a PDF first. Try saving to SVG directly from the AI file.)

One thing to check is to make sure that you have the circle and rectangle creation set to Stroke with No Fill color…that might keep them from filling. (As soon as you create one with no fill, the rest will follow the same pattern.)

I’ve got to run…but see if any of that helps.

2 Likes

Thanks @Jules for another fantastic breakdown.

I’m sorry to hear you’ve run into this trouble @amandarlakes - but from extracting the latest logs from your printer it appears you may have had some success printing these designs, that’s promising!

Could you please let me know if you’re still having any trouble?

1 Like

It’s been a little while since I’ve seen any replies on this thread so I’m going to close it. If you still need help with this please either start a new thread or email support@glowforge.com.