Printed acrylic drink stirrer

Hi!
I have a client that is wanting to add acrylic drink stirrers to her party at the end of the month. This is the photo that she sent me. She wants to have art that matches the rest of the party that I designed everything for. I have access to a Glowforge and heat press. Does anyone know how I would make these?

Thank you

8 Likes

Hi and welcome to the forum. Can you cut out the acrylic with the outline of the coloured art work on the top and then just print the picture on paper and glue it on? You could also spray some sealer over the picture to protect it and make it shiny.

3 Likes

Printed acrylic is available from several vendors. I believe sublimation is involved in making the printed acrylic. What design are you looking for? There may be something similar available.

3 Likes

Awesome, thank you! Do you know what kind of paper I should try printing on

Thank you!

1 Like

Thank you, very helpful! I was looking at doing different icons like the photo. Is there a way to have the print double sided so that you can see it on both sides on the acrylic?

I will look into printed acrylic from vendors as another option, thank you! Do you have any vendors that you recommend?

1 Like

I was just suggesting normal copy paper but if you have something heavier weight that might be better.

1 Like

I will try that! Thank you

2 Likes

Good luck!

2 Likes
6 Likes

:star_struck: smokey hill, shut up and take my money.

1 Like

They can’t - they’re out of stock on everything. :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

waterproof sticker material would be what I print on and then apply to the acrylic

3 Likes

I’d echo the waterproof stickers (you can buy Avery labels that are waterproof). My thought would be to cut the acrylic just larger than the sticker, and sandwich it between two layers of acrylic, since when you glue that stuff together it bonds as if it were literally one piece - total protection of the artwork.

Like this with the black being the sticker:
DrinkStirrer

2 Likes

They typically do preorders on Wednesdays as it says on the link. They’re making the pattern ply on demand as far as I know. It’s just a husband and wife team.

3 Likes

For future reference Onlinelabels.con has a great label selection, include polyester sheets that you can cut on the GF. They offer free samples so you can test it out.

If you wanted to offer something like that over the long run, you can do dye sub on acrylic and offer custom options. Dye sub printers are pricey, but you can convert cheaper printers to do the task.

3 Likes

They only sell the printed acrylic on Wednesdays, so on that day everything is in stock because they fill orders rather than have an on hand inventory.

2 Likes

wow! Thank you so much for taking the time to draw a sketch- very helpful! can’t wait to try this!

1 Like

Thank you!!! I will look into onlinelabels. Can’t wait to try!

Would I order polyester sheets and have them print my designs on them and then have Glowforge cut out my designs shapes on the ployester sheets. Then apply the label cut outs to my acrylic?

Attached is a video of the same concept that I am trying to achieve, if that helps. The print is double sided so that you can see it on both sides of acrylic. It looks like it is placed on the acrylic backwards as the side with the paper is backwards