Thank you for reaching out to us. I took a look a the logs from your recent prints and it looks as though your lid camera alignment is a bit off, which could be the cause of the trouble you’re experiencing.
Since your prints are landing more than ¼” away from where they were positioned in the preview, I recommend recalibrating the camera in your Glowforge to try and fix the issue.
You’ll need a 12” x 20” piece of Proofgrade material with no markings or stickers. The feature was designed to be used with a flat piece of medium Proofgrade Draftboard, used upside-down (with the QR code side down). It may work with other materials that are the same size and use the same print settings as well, like Proofgrade plywood.
It prints a grid of markings, takes a picture, then measures its height in multiple locations. This data is used to make your camera more accurate for future prints.
To get started, click on this link: Launch the Camera Recalibrator.
After you’ve completed the recalibration, I’d like to have you run the test print below. Let me know once the print is complete and I’ll review the logs to let you know how things are looking on the backend.
Gift of Good Measure Test Print
- Turn off your Glowforge, then turn it back on
- Place Proofgrade material in the bed and load the Gift of Good Measure design.
- Print the Gift of Good measure using the default settings. Allow the print to finish.
- When the print finishes, leave the lid closed and wait until the fans stop and the picture of the bed updates.
- Let me know when the print is complete.
If you fine your prints have an alignment error of more than 1/4", please measure the accuracy of the camera and send us a screenshot of the results.
Please let me know if you have any questions. Thank you!