Printer Head connector pin issues

Just had an issue reconnecting the male connector to the female connection point on the printer head.

One of the pins inside the female bent. I was able to bend it back in place and reconnect without issue that I can tell. Just want to know if this pin happens to bend again to a point I cannot move it back or to a point its beyond repair what would need to be done?

Unless you’re technically inclined you would probably need to replace the printer head. I see there is a separation point where the PCB that has the pin socket on it is sandwiched between the head sections, suggesting the PCB could be replaced. I haven’t eviscerated mine to that level yet, so that’s just speculation.

I take particular care connecting that cable squarely. Some people don’t disconnect it at all, the ribbon cable has enough length that you can do any maintenance without disconnecting it.

2 Likes

Thanks for the insight. This is definitely the last time I disconnect that printer head!

1 Like

I’m glad you resolved it! Thank you @PrintToLaser for your advice. I’m going to close this thread. If you run into any other trouble, please start a new topic, or email us at support@glowforge.com. We’re here to help!

1 Like