Printer head moves but stuck on scanning

when I turn on the machine the printer head moves like its going to focus and center everything but then just stopped in the middle under the camera. ive checked my wifi connection, reconnected it to the wifi, tried everything suggested on other post and still doing the same thing after a few days. need to get back online ASAP

Welcome to the community!

Same thing happened to me the other week and I just reset the print head and cable and that resolved it.

https://support.glowforge.com/hc/en-us/articles/360034142633-Reseating-your-Printer-Head?mobile_site=true

Is the top of the print head clean? What’s happening during “centering” and “homing” is the lid camera taking pictures and looking for the Glowforge logo on top of the print head. If it can’t easily identify it in the photos, the process will get stuck. Partially used sheets of material have also been known to confuse the algorithm, so start with an empty honeycomb tray.

1 Like

Hi @abbierowellstanley! I am sorry to hear that your Glowforge was having trouble centering. I took a look at the most recent logs and see that you have been able to successfully print since writing in. That’s great! Could you let me know if you are still experiencing any trouble?

Yes! It’s working perfectly now thank yiu!

Sent from my iPhone

I’m glad you resolved it! I’m going to close this thread. If you run into any other trouble, please start a new topic, or email us at support@glowforge.com. We’re here to help!