Printer just stops mid job

I’m having this problem repeatedly on a job that I’ve printed successfully hundreds of times. At the same point in the cut portion, the printer head will just stop. On the web interface, it continues to count down until the job finishes. At that point, the print head does not return to home and the camera refreshes the bed image and you can see the print head still sitting where it stopped. I’ve tried reorienting the item, reloading the stl from scratch, cleaning, etc.

1 Like

Also, I have two GF, and it prints fine on the other one.

1 Like

If you’re willing you should upload the art here (if it’s an .svg with rasters inside you’ll need to zip it). If you’re not willing you can send it directly to support so they can keep it private. It may not be needed since it works fine on the other machine, but it may be that something inside of it is being interpreted differently.

1 Like

@chris.gohlke I’m so sorry to hear that one of your Glowforges is just stopping mid-job. If you can post the file you are having issues with I would be happy to take a look.

Can you tell me which of your Glowofrges is having the issue? It looks like you have a pro and a plus.

Also, can you tell me the date and times of the prints so I can extract logs?

@David.W , I messaged you the information you requested 3 days ago and have not received a response.

Hello @chris.gohlke

I wanted to jump in and follow up as David is out for the day. I don’t see that the information made it to us via email. I’m sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

Would you mind emailing that info to support@glowforge.com so we can take a look?

I checked with my colleague David and sadly he did not receive the message you sent to him previously. I don’t see any other open tickets for you in our system either. If you are still having trouble with your design file, please email the file to us at support@glowforge.com, reference ticket number 299604, and we’ll be happy to take a look.

If the issue is no longer happening, please let us know and we will close this thread. Thank you!

Here shows the sent items to David with the messages

This is the item

And you can see that when the job shows as completed the print head is stuck in the position where the job stopped.

And you are asking me to send a file? While I can send you a file that has more than just this part on it, I can’t send you a file that represents just this item by itself. This is a purchased file that I’ve literally made over 1,000 times without issue.

Hi @chris.gohlke. Thank you for following up with the information and photos. It looks like you were trying to send direct messages to David earlier. Any threads opened in the Problems and Support area of the Community will create a Support ticket that is alerted when direct responses from the thread creator and allow the team to respond back quickly, especially if the response overlaps with any Support Representative’s time out of office. I apologize for any confusion or frustration this has caused.

I was able to extract the log files from your Glowforge Plus unit, and saw the issue you described, along with the photo, of the Printer Head stopping. Because of this occurring on some other prints we reviewed in the log files, the next steps will require information best addressed through email to avoid any privacy concerns and confirmations. Can you please email support@glowforge.com with the reference support ticket number 299604? I’ll keep the thread open until we are able to receive your email. Thank you!

Hi @chris.gohlke. I received your email, and will be sending you a reply through there shortly. I’ll go ahead and close this thread to avoid any confusion or miscommunication. I’ll be in touch soon. Thanks.