Printing issues

why do I get a “wrong material” warning when I’m using material from Glowforge

Sometimes it doesn’t read the code on the proofgrade. Simply select the material from the drop down menu, close the warning message and carry on.

I do that and seem to get the same warning message

Then you must have changed a setting. That only shows up when either it doesn’t read a barcode, or you’ve switched a setting manually (if any of your commands have numbers instead of words you’ve switched something).

That does not stop you from printing - it’s designed to make you note what exactly you’ve changed and whether or not that was intentional.

1 Like

no changes to settings and commands say “cut”

Maybe you could tell us what material you are using when you get this message and share a screenshot of the interface with settings. This is an odd error.

1 Like

Oh no! I’m sorry you’ve hit a snag. To investigate further, could you tell me a little bit more about the environment you received the error in? Please include the approximate date and time of the print for us to investigate further.

Problem resolved. I had to reposition my wood for the camera to pick up the code.

I’m glad you resolved it! I’m going to close this thread. If you run into any other trouble, please start a new topic, or email us at support@glowforge.com. We’re here to help!