Printing on a Hammer

Hi,
I need some help. I’ve been trying to print on the hammer for a quick Father’s day gift and I am unable to get the machine to print. I’ve tried scoring and engraving. It will not print. Does anyone have any helpful tips for printing(settings)? The hammers came from Lowe’s ( WorkPro Hickory). Any information would be truly helpful. My machine is new and I am new to this. The kids are excited to print their messages.

Welcome to the forum.

The surface to be engraved must be within the 1/2" focus range of the Glowforge which means the surface must be between 1.5" and 2" from the floor of the Glowforge.

Remove the honeycomb tray and elevate the hammer with materials underneath it so that it is in the focus range. Use the set focus tool and make sure the red beam lands squarely on the wood to be engraved. Place your text and select your settings. Start with the settings for one of the Proofgrade hardwoods.

4 Likes

Thank you so much. I will try this. I will let you know if this works.

Thank you so much for your help. I tried what you recommended and it doesn’t work. I will have to find another project for now.

When you say it doesn’t work, can you be more specific? Does it not mark the wood or what happens?

1 Like

I actually got it to work. The first time it marked the wood, but it wasn’t clear. I gave up a little too fast. Thank you so much for your help.

1 Like

If I had a hammer, I’d print on it it the morning, and in the evening, all over this land.

2 Likes

HahahahHaha!!! I actually thought about this song as I printed. I thought I was the only one who grew up listening to it. That was a good one.

1 Like

You haven’t heard it until you’ve heard Leonard Nimoy’s version.

3 Likes

That’s hilarious! I didn’t know there was a best side of Leonard Nimoy, but this is certainly not it.

1 Like

Who knew… this is just what I needed to pick up spirits about printing… Thank you! However, this isn’t the version I grew up LOL!!!. This is my first time hearing this one. I am going to add this to the playlist. LOL!

Hilarious!

https://youtu.be/xY6riazgI-E

Try this one!

1 Like

For me, Sam cooke is amazing. I would listen to him in a heartbeat.

1 Like

I think his singing in Plato’s Stepchildren was better. His lute playing certainly was. :smiley:

2 Likes

Sorry I didn’t notice this earlier, as I could have offered some advice…

4 Likes

Thank you. If I need further assistance I will reach out.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.