Prints leaving out cuts

I’m confused as to what is going on here. I told it to cut out a lot of pattern pieces. It left out a large section of holes and a few smaller pieces. I moved off the pieces that it did cut and it still didn’t do one of the smaller pieces and only added about 8 holes on the section that it missed. It isn’t giving me any errors, and because I can remove the parts that it did, click print and then get more cut without changing anything else I can’t even guess what is wrong.

You can see where the pieces cut the first go, the red is what I sent the second go and I tried to highlight with yellow the spots that still haven’t cut.

It seems that it is something with the file. Can you share it so someone can take a look?

You’re probably getting bit by the “winding rule” bug. Convert your SVG to PDF and load that version – see if it fixes it.

Hello @lunarfear, Thank you for reaching out to us and for sharing the example photo.

I agree that the issue might be with the file your trying to print. We’d be happy to take a look at it and review it. Can you either share the file here or email it to us at support@glowforge.com so that we can take a look?

Leg Pouch.pdf (559.5 KB)
I purchased a paper pattern and traced/redrew it in Illustrator to cut out the pieces. So I created the file, but not the IP.

I’ve mostly been printing pdf files since AI tends to do odd things with the artboards on svg files.

What’s the winding bug rule?

What with the file could cause it to not print, and then correctly print when other parts are moved off the cut area?

I got all the pieces to cut out by moving pieces in and out of the cut area, and occasionally (on that one particularly problematic pocket) deleting the few stitching holes that did cut then clicking undo before moving those off to cut other pieces. The only piece I haven’t cut out is the gusset (the long rectangle with 3 rows of holes) because I did a bad job placing the other pieces and didn’t have room on my piece of leather for something that long. (I’ve got more, but it is on a roll and I had put a cut under weight for a week to flatten it…)

I’m sorry for the ongoing trouble. I’m glad to hear that you were able to get your design to print eventually. I’ve shared detailed notes about this issue with our team so we can investigate further. We’ll respond again here if we need additional information while we look into this.

Thank you for your patience while we looked into this further. Our team found that this issue might have occurred if the print button was pressed before the design was fully loaded in the Glowforge App. I’m sorry for any inconvenience this caused.

I’m going to close this ticket. If the trouble occurs again again, or if you have other questions, please post a new topic here on the forum or email us at support@glowforge.com. We’ll be happy to help!