Privacybadger

Interesting to me that the tracker blocker that I use in my browser (privacy badger) shows 19 trackers on the forum. That seems really high, doesn’t it?

Who is tracking us?

doubleclick, alexametrics, facebook, getclicky, google analytics, postrelease, sharethis, skimresources, spot.im, stack-sonar.com, yahoo ads. Why so many, I wonder?

2 Likes

It’s probably just the site as a whole. Looks like some for sales funnels/ads and some for view/share metrics.

Okay, I’ll say it so no one else has to, " Badgers, we don’t need no stinking badgers". :smile:

12 Likes

Privacy Badger + UBlock is only showing Bing, Google, Pinterest, Quora for me. Which I can confirm are in the page source. Quora is the only one that seems out of place to me. Do you have any browser extensions installed? I only have UBlock and Privacy Badger, plus my own extension but that doesn’t spy on people :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I’m not using ublock, I wonder if that’s merrily those from even being seen by badger?

My privacy badger is only showing three trackers for this page - Bing, Pinterest and Quora.

Interesting, I shift-reloaded and now it lists 7.

The following are blocked:
Bing, Facebook, Google analytics, pinterest and Quora.

Will keep an eye on it and see if it changes again.

I disabled uBlock to make sure before I posted my original response.

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.