Pro engraving overlap/misalignment

Just got my Pro setup today and started cutting the ‘Gift of Good Measure’ keychain file and the engraving is misaligned and duplicated on the text and around the circles. The outer cutout seems fine though. I chatted with someone at Glowforge and am waiting to hear back but in the meantime anyone have any thoughts?

I’ve reseated the print head on the off chance that it wasn’t installed correctly and printed in the corner and center of the bed just in case that mattered. I noticed someone else was having this same issue two days ago and there hasn’t been a tech response yet. Also reloaded the file with no change.

Ugh. That duplicate engrave issue is just weird
Nice job writing up what you’d done!

They’ll figure it out…though if you’ve already contacted them via email someone may be along shortly to close this thread as they can’t have 2 open tickets for the same issue

Thanks again, I just did the online chat but they said they’d contact me through email. I’m going for the shotgun approach to getting this fixed as it makes for an expensive paperweight right now. Support seems pretty quick to jump in on issues like this so I’m sure it will be taken care of soon.

2 Likes

I’m wondering if there is any chance that you selected the design, then cut (control x) and pasted (control v) such that you have two copies slightly apart from each other? One way to get back to a pristine test file is, after opening the file go to the “…” link and click on “Reset Design.

1 Like

I see you already emailed us about this and we’re working on it there, so I’m going to close this topic.