Pro model was stuck in "centering," powered it off, and now it will not power ON

Pro model was stuck in “centering,” powered it off, and now it will not power ON.

Check the little metal clip on the round part next to the power switch. It should be fully seated. It’s not a fuse, it’s not meant to “trip”, but it’s worth checking. Also check that your power cord is fully seated, and that the outlet it’s plugged into has power.

1 Like

Clean your camera lens.

I got my Pro last September. Only 2 or 3 weeks after it arrived it was also stuck on centering. I read a post here in the community it could be a dirty camera lens. I cleaned it and my centering problem was fixed.

I have never had any problem again regarding centering, scanning, etc.

I clean my GF and wipe down every lens every single day!!!

Thank you, I pushed the clip to full seated position, checked power to outlet, checked cord for power with another device, closed all doors AND still no power. Respectfully, Is there anything else I can try?

I can’t think of anything else, sorry. If there’s power getting to the machine, the LEDs should come on immediately. It sounds like the power supply might have failed. Support will need to chime in (posting here opens a support ticket.)

How long have you had the machine?

1 Like

Check to see if perhaps a fuse might have tripped in your electrical box.

I was also thinking the electrical outlet might have a loose connection.

Your Glowforge should be plugged directly into a grounded wall outlet that meets local building codes. If you haven’t already, please do the following:

1. Since the outlet works, unplug the other end of the cord from the Glowforge unit itself

2. Inspect both ends of the power cord; if you notice any damage, try another power cord

3. Plug in the end of the power cord that goes to the Glowforge, making sure it is inserted all the way in

4. Plug the other end of the power cord into the outlet, making sure it is inserted all the way in

5. If your Glowforge still won’t power on, try another outlet

Let me know what you find!

Good morning. I flipped the power switch this morning and… POWER! It is still stuck in “Centering” for 15 minutes now.

Good morning, I purchased the GF Pro in April 2018.

Good afternoon.My GF Pro is plugged into an outlet with power. My GF Pro was stuck in Centering and then Scanning mode for 5 hours. I reluctantly turned the power off again and it has yet to power on again. I look forward to your reply.

I’m so sorry you hit a snag.

The issues you’re seeing might be caused by a poor connection with the cables on your lid. Please follow the steps below to check the lid connections:

1. Turn off your unit.

2. Open the lid.

3. Using both hands, gently roll the laser arm to the front of the unit.

4. There are 5 clips pictured below. Check each one to ensure it is closed. The clip should lie flat, and you shouldn’t be able to flip it in any direction.

1. If any of the clips are open, ensure the cable is inserted straight into the clip and close the clip.

2. If any of the cables are misaligned in the clip, take a photo of the clip and cable and send it to me so I can take a look before you proceed. Do not try to adjust or reseat the cable.

3. Close the lid.

4. Turn your unit back on and wait for it to calibrate.

Let me know how it goes!

I think you misread his reply.

I reluctantly turned the power off again and it has yet to power on again.

The machine will not power on.

1 Like

Good morning and Thank you for your reply. I have followed your directions and found all 5 clips
to be in a flat position.

No Power.

Good afternoon, I have tried the steps of replacing the power cord, inserting the plug fully into the Glowforge and fully into the working outlet. I have also fully plugged it into another working outlet on the other side of the room, still no power.
I look forward to your reply.

Unfortunately, it looks like your unit is experiencing an issue that we can’t resolve remotely. I want you to have a reliable unit, so I’ll be in touch via email to sort out the details. I’m so sorry about the bad news.