Pro Not cutting through Proofgrade now

That is very True, but on some pieces it wasn’t even cutting through the draft board all the way. I just don’t want to have to sand every back edge of every piece I cut because it’s leaving pieces not cut and when popped out it make it jagged. I guess it wasn’t do this before and I would really love to get back to that.

I will cut the what you said and post it. Thank you everyone for your help!

2 Likes

This is some HD local birch at enough power to burn away small bits still would not get through the Bondo

Wow!!! Crazy!

I couldn’t get the gift of good measure to loan… :woman_facepalming:t3: So I did the earrings instead. Here is the time and images.

1 Like

Printed at 1:26

Nice earrings! The cut is the ideal we all try for. all the pieces should pop out nicely.

2 Likes

I’m sorry to see that you’ve been running into some trouble with your Glowforge not cutting through all the way. I see that you’ve been getting some great advice from fellow owners, and will be happy to help you with this.

Since you mentioned you were not able to load the Gift of Good Measure design, can you try the following?

1. Open the design in the Workspace of the Glowforge app.

2. Click the “…” button

3. Click “Design Details”
    ​​

4. Click “Reset Design”

5. The artwork for this design should load into the Workspace, and the following message should appear in the bottom right corner:

I can use that print to help me see what may be going on with the prints and let me know if you run into any trouble with the steps above. I’ll look forward to hearing back.

1 Like

Cut at 3:15.

I went looking for this picture but couldn’t find it! :heart:

I’m not sure if I replied to your post but I did what you asked. Thank you for your help.

I have posted it several times actually, but you should see it here.

Oh totally, but I couldn’t come up with any of the right keywords at that moment…the larger/older this community gets that harder it is to find something that you know you’ve seen :stuck_out_tongue:

Brandon? Any comments?? Its getting worse now and I am sooooo beyond frustrated. It was cutting the same Birch wood (.192 thick) (not proof grade and NOT from Home Depot) in December that I just tried and it didn’t cut the whole left side… it cut the rest…??? (Those circles are only scored)image|375x500

I can’t believe I posted the picture 20 times :flushed:

1 Like

They are likely going through your logs on the back-end. Sometimes it takes some time if it’s not an obvious issue. I updated your Title since the old one wasn’t accurate anymore :frowning:

1 Like

I apologize for the delayed response and totally understand any frustration encountering print issues. Thank you for including photos of the front and back of the prints. It looks like the Gift of Good Measure almost cut all the way through the Proofgrade Medium Draftboard, so I’d like to inspect the optical components of your Glowforge. Could you do the following for me?

Please send photos of all your cleaned optical components, with special attention to any damage you might find:

• Both windows
    • The printer head window, on the left hand side of the printer head
    • The laser window on the inside left of the Glowforge
  • The printer head lens
    • Both sides of the lens, top and bottom
  • The mirror inside the printer head
  • The bottom of the printer head

I’ll look forward to hearing back, and thank you for your patience and time working with us to get this fixed.

1 Like

FYI Brandon is not going to be able to comment on your issues with non-PG materials.

1 Like

Here are all the pictures, I didn’t understand how to get the mirror out… so I took a picture of it while it was in. And I did not know about the other laser window on the left… it makes sense now, not sure why I didn’t look there. :woman_facepalming:t3: I will print and post the good measure again.

Oh your window on the left :fearful:! Clean it gently, that looks gnarly.

1 Like