Pro Recognizing Proofgrade Problem

I know this topic has been discussed elsewhere but the last post I read on it said the problem had been resolved. Unfortunately I am still experiencing it on my glowforge pro. Generally only use the larger pieces of proof grade material that fits from one side to another of crump tray. But only recently that I noticed it wasn’t recognizing material and areas of surface seemed out of focus. Not an everyday user of the machine so couldn’t be 100% sure of when and what changed. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

You can just select the appropriate Proofgrade material from the materials list. The settings will be the same as they would be if the camera recognized the material.

1 Like

If you haven’t yet, give the lid camera a good cleaning (that will prevent other issues as well).

1 Like

Thanks for letting us know about this.

Could you please try the following?

1. Clean your Glowforge according to these instructions
  2. Place Proofgrade material with the QR code visible in the printer bed
  3. Open any design in the app
  4. Click on the gear icon and choose “Refresh bed image”
  5. Reply to this post and let me know that you’ve cleaned and refreshed the bed image, and we’ll take a closer look

Thank you in advance.

Hi Vee. Went through the cleaning procedure. Up to the point of removing the laser mirror. And still had the issue. So proceeded to the mirror cleaning phase. Which is where I apparently proceeded to screw myself. After removing lens cover assembly as instructed and pulling gently at 45 degree angle the blue handle pulled off in my hand. Really did not think I was pulling that hard. The sponge material attached to handle had some mirror material attached. And mirror stuck in there. Help what do I need to do to replace it? Apparently I am an oof.

Oh no! I’m so sorry to hear about that. Unfortunately, this is an issue that we can’t resolve remotely. I want you to have a reliable unit, so I’m recommending we replace this one. I’ll be in touch via email to sort out the details. I’m so sorry about the bad news.