Problem Centering all Day

My Glowforge has been stuck all day. I have done everything, cleaned, rebooted, rebooted router. The cables are secure. I am not sure what else to do.

Mine did the same this earlier today. I waited for about 20 minutes. Then ended up just turning off the Glowforge for 30 seconds then turning it back on. I wasn’t sure what the cause was but I did notice I had the window blinds open and was concerned at how hot the printer had gotten with the sun beating on it. not sure that was the cause though

Here’s the official troubleshooting list for this issue:

this is my 3rd day with the same issue, a lot of people are having this same issue - definitely not hardware

It’s a very common issue, because 1. Glowforges are very picky about their wifi signal and 2. the black cables have a tendency to go bad. Those are (in that order) the most common reasons for it.

If you go through the troubleshooting steps and report back with the results (in your own Problems and Support post, since they open support tickets and this one belongs to another customer), support can help you narrow down the cause.

3 Likes

Hello @glenechocrafts - I’m just following up here as it looks like we’ve been in touch with you via email and are moving towards getting a replacement black cable for your lid. I’m going to go ahead and close this topic, and we can finish up via email.