I’m having a problem with the machine printing right. I center my design on the material and it just started shifting everything to the left when it engraved. Gets a little expensive when doing marble. How can I get it to center the design on the material?
Have you completed the lid camera calibration? Are you using the set focus tool on every item before placing your design? Making a jig would insure precise placement.
I’ve had the forge for about three months and it’s been fine. It worked great earlier today but when I went back to it this evening, that’s when it started messing up. Should I have to recalibrate so soon?
Is it possible the head got bumped while the machine was on, or the machine got jostled? I have only done the lid camera calibration one time. Have you done the lid camera calibration? Maybe the red beam missed the material when you used the set focus tool.
A picture of what is happening may help.
I just turned it of and let it sit a minute and turned it back on and it is working fine now. Maybe it rest itself? Thank you for your input!
Probably the head got bumped just a bit when taking material out or putting it in. Glad everything is AOK now.
Oh no, I’m so sorry you’ve hit a snag.
We’d like to have you try a few troubleshooting steps for us:
- Turn off your Glowforge.
- Check for small pieces of debris or dust.
- Check the lower door to make sure it closes all the way. It may require some force to open, but open it, wipe any dust off the edges, and close it all the way.
- Remove the tray and clean any dust or debris from the surface underneath. Pay careful attention to remove all debris from the four dimples where the tray rests.
- Check the lid to make sure it closes all the way. Small particles of material, such as dust or debris, can prevent it from closing completely.
- Check the surface your Glowforge is on to make sure it’s flat. Ensure it is not twisted slightly and that there is no debris propping up one side of the machine.
- Turn your Glowforge back on.
- Place the Proofgrade Draftboard in the center of the bed and print the Gift of Good Measure using the default settings.
- When the print finishes, leave the lid closed and wait until the fans stop and the picture updates. Without moving your artwork or your material, take a screenshot of the Workspace to show us the difference between the artwork placement and the actual print placement. Make sure to include the rulers in your screenshot and show as much of the bed as possible.
- Mac: Press Shift-Command-4 and click and drag a box around your image. You’ll find the screenshot file saved on your desktop.
- Windows: Click on the Start Menu and type “snipping tool”. Open the Snipping Tool > New then click and drag a box around your image. Click the Save icon and name and save your file.
- Send us the screenshot along with the date and time of the print, and we’ll investigate.