Problem with calibration

Good day,

Maybe somebody can point me in the right direction to solve this.

I did calibration process because sometimes my prints are 1 cm off (horizontal) after the calibration I did the Measuring Camera Accuracy test but with 5 points at the same time having the focus point in the middle. But as you can see in the image, the centre is spot on but a couple are WAY off… anybody has a suggestion how to fix this?
Calibration|690x411

Nothing to fix.

The spec is for it to be within 1/4", which is the radius of the center circle. All your targets appear to be within that range, they are hitting that circle.

Support might be able to make a small adjustment, but it looks as expected to me.

Here’s how it works:

The lid camera is too close to the bed to display that wide span without distorting the outside edges of the bed. (Fisheye effect.)

What the picture actually looks like:

What you see on your screen is a corrected image, that is adjusted mathematically with an algorithm, based on the material thickness. (Notice the alignment looks good right underneath the camera, and not as great out on the right edge. Still seeing some Fisheye effect. It’s normal for a bed that wide.)

The way to correct the view at that point is to click on it with the Set Focus tool. It temporarily corrects the screen view right there at the outside edge, so that it appears to be right under the lid camera. Then you would shift your design so that it is placed where it fits.

Then you click on the next design with Set Focus, and place that one. And so on. The view immediately after you click with Set Focus at a spot is always the most accurate view at that spot.

The object is to make the actual cut land on the material correctly, not have the “After Image” match up perfectly with where you placed the designs…the settings for the “After Image” always default back to pre application of the “Set Focus” tool, since you might be using it in different places for multiple placements, and the view is going to shift slightly each time. And it will display some fisheye effect at the far edges.

Basically, don’t rely on the “After Image” to tell you how far off you are with prints if you are doing more than one at the outside edges of the bed. Look at them one at a time to see how accurate it is at the limits of the bed. Then use the Set Focus tool when it comes time to do your actual placement.

Sorry, that’s probably a lousy explanation, but I’m still trying to figure out how to explain it without 6 paragraphs. :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Thanks for the answer @eflyguy , that’s right. @graficimage we have a phenomenal support page on Alignment that explains this in depth here.

Please let us know if you have any additional questions or concerns.

Thanks for the information everybody.
I’m going to dive into it.

Thank you for working through those instructions! Please let me us know how it goes, or if you have any additional questions.

It’s been a little while since I’ve seen any replies on this thread so I’m going to close it. If you still need help with this please either start a new thread or email support@glowforge.com.