Problem with exporting on iPad Pro iOS 15.1

I have included 3 screenshots.

First photo is the original file
Second photo the original steps have been changed and exported after printing
Third photo —The file coming back to the interface after exporting.

When I bring the file back in —to be printed again —the steps do match picture 2. The steps should. be score, score, cut ,cut.

I have tested this on 10 different SVG files. After changing the steps, exporting and then bringing back into the interface nothing ever matches the changes.

1 Like

I never thought that files necessarily imported with settings. The interface seems to have defaulted to cut all vectors.

1 Like

I mean i can see what the issue is here and why it’d be annoying but can you not just go and toggle those 2 steps back to score?

1 Like

When you have a file that has 12 steps there is no toggling back and forth.

2 Likes

I have exported many files but until tonight I never paid attention to the steps.

1 Like

My understanding is that re-importing exported designs never sets the scores, regardless of which computer system is used. The data that is exported along with the design is just supposed to be for our own record keeping. Did that change at some point? Do you get different behavior if you do it on your laptop?

4 Likes

Yes, unfortunately this is my understanding too; it brings in the files, but it does not auto-populate the settings.

2 Likes

UPDATE

@CMadok

Explained the exporting process. It is not possible for the changes to come in the way they went out.

@cynd11
Happy cake day or birthday!!

1 Like

Hi @JimmyWayneWestie. I’m sorry to hear that you ran into some trouble with exported designs not saving customized settings with the file. For customized settings, you can save them separately in the Glowforge app, but they won’t be exported with the design. I apologize for any inconvenience since I know you mentioned your designs containing multiple steps. It sounds like you were able to get some great advice from fellow Glowforge owners as well, and can you let me know if you’re running into any other issues that need further troubleshooting? Let me know and I’ll be happy to help. Thank you!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.