Problem with GlowForge File

@jules it lifted up getting ready to make the final cut :weary::weary:

Sorry this project has been an exercise in various frustrations.

1 Like

Oh no! :no_mouth:

I’m surprised that happened…I see you using the Honeycomb pins around the edges. Did it damage the head when it curled up into it? (That does suck.)

No I stopped it immediately good thing I was standing there when it happened… Now I am trying to figure out what glue they used none of my glues are working …:upside_down_face:

Yeah its ok though I am learning what to do and not do… kind of expenses but its losses on my taxes :upside_down_face:

Firm felt is a good, cheap alternative for testing leather patterns.

If your leather isn’t too feisty you can stick it to a waste board with a low tack adhesive spray to keep it flat. (Spray the board, not the leather)

2 Likes

I still keep such things about, like the shoemaker who wears his mistakes as those cannot be sold. I have 5 different sets of shelves that fail in some design aspect but still work as much needed shelves for spices or meds or whatever.

2 Likes

Waste Board? Tell me more?

If you Google (or search the forum ) for “Seklema mat” you’ll see a fancy expensive great quality waste board. The homemade version is plywood with sprayed-on re-positionable glue :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes I saw that a few days ago and the price oh vey! I guess its worth it!

as @deirdrebeth said - you can just get a 12x20 piece of plywood and spray low tack repositionable adhesive spray on it.

I will try that too I saw someone got a board from the Dollar Store too…

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.