Problem with Images

I’m not sure if something changed in Illustrator, but I was able to reproduce your problem with my own file.

I solved it by using “Save as…” instead of “Export as…”, and using the following settings for the SVG:

In the past, I’ve preferred to use Export from Illustrator, because you usually get a cleaner SVG, but in this case it was causing trouble.

1 Like

Well, it at least it wasn’t me doing something stupid this time… LOL

Thanks
-Mark

One thing to beware of though… is when you “Save as”, it’s saving the dimensions of the file different… so I’m seeing some resizing problems which I don’t get when I use export.

I looked at both svg files and just before the xlink for the image there is this in the Export at

<image transform=“scale(1.17)”

In the Save as it has this

<image style=“overflow:visible;” width=“216” height=“216”

It worked when I replaced the image transform with the image style one

****Disregard this because older svg files have the transform in them **

Gotta be a change in Illustrator but there hasn’t been an update last update was 10 days ago

So the mystery still goes on

-Mark

I have sometimes found that Illustrator has some hidden state/settings with regards to SVG exports.

So sometimes you can tweak a bunch of things, and it remembers some thing here or there that might change the behavior.

:person_shrugging:

I’ve just started experiencing this same problem.
.AI files that used to export without a problem are now showing up as blank SVGs if they contain raster images.

And Windows preview now shows this warning:

I’m wondering if this is a Windows screw-up rather than Adobe.

Well, I talked to Adobe yesterday. Basically we reset Illustrator back to defaults and now everything seems to work fine. Did have to rebuilt my settings for use with Glowforge but it works now.

-Mark

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.