Problem with text saying its not pathed

Hi guys! I am having a problem with my text saying it is not path, even though it is. Also if I don’t have text on something it saying it as well. I need help ASAP!!! I am making product for some customers. Thank you!

What software are you using for the design and did you convert the text into a vector path?

I am using Inkscape and I use object to path with the text. But my shapes aren’t transferring either

Inkscape shapes require an extra step in order to convert them to a path.

I’m going to link to a couple of tutorials that I believe have the correct information in them:

Hopefully those will help get you going. :slightly_smiling_face:

Also, look carefully all over your file. There might be some tiny bit of text somewhere that is giving you that message.

What @cynd11 said. You may have a rogue text element, maybe even off your main work area.

This is usually an empty text element where you click with the text tool but don’t commit. While you don’t have any text per se in the document, you have a text element that is calling for a font, etc. so that’s identified as text.

My “favorite” Inkscape gotcha.

Thank you guys all so much for your help! It finally started working! You guys are the best!

I’m glad you resolved it! I’m going to close this thread - if you run into any other trouble, go ahead and post a new topic. Thanks for letting us know about this!