Problem with the Preview Panel during a Print

Just for fun, did you click into the background to dismiss the timer window then hit print to display it again? Just wondering if that would update the display.

Don’t want to try that in this case…that Cancel button might be live, (the preview is scrolling), and it’s well into the engrave now. (Did think about trying it though.) :slightly_smiling_face:

Don’t hit cancel!

Just click in the background window (like on the QR code) and the front window will go away.

Totally understand not wanting to take a chance though :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah, not for the sake of science this time! :smile:

1 Like

The job is separate from the countdown. Just clicking off into the background or even refreshing the window won’t impact the job.

2 Likes

I’m gonna come after your a** if this screws up my engrave…it’s already a rerun. :wink:
Okay…here goes…prepare to make a run for it…

And now we have no preview panel, but no countdown clocks either. No gain.
(But it didn’t kill the print so you don’t have to sell your house and hit the road in an RV.)

6 Likes

I might do it anyways, just to be on the safe side!

6 Likes

Watch out for ninja heggies !

John :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

Rio eats ninja hedgies for snacks.

Well, ninja armadillos. Probably hedgies as well.

4 Likes

Click Print again. Should redisplay the timer panel.

2 Likes

If you click print again it pulls that preview up again, the job is sent from the servers and the instructions are either downloaded or just run as the server sends them, the only thing that will do anything to the gf from your PC during a job is clicking cancel. I have turned my PC off during one before once you hit the print button the first time all that your PC handles is “cancel” and “query” so that you can get an ETA.

2 Likes

Thanks. I’ll try to remember that. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

So what was the final result? Did the timer display correctly hitting print again or???

That looked like a nice notebook cover BTW :slight_smile:

:wink: Thanks, it’s iteration three on it - I keep changing my mind about which materials to use and how I want it laid out, so I wasn’t in a hurry to have to redo it again. :smile:

Nothing happened, when I clicked on the background - no timer popped up, and it wasn’t critical that I get one, since I’m sitting right here waiting on it anyway. I just went ahead and sent the cut when it finished. That one processed fine, so I guess it’s just one of those random blips that happen occasionally.

I’m going to run one more test on it - I’ve got some Oracal gold that might look nice on some walnut, and a bad finish on a piece of PG that might make it interesting. Might show it if they turn out okay, but these are just for personal use.

1 Like

Thank you so much for the details. I’m looking into it now. As soon as I have more information I’ll update this thread.

1 Like

You and @Jules are cracking me up! Thanks for the levity.

1 Like

Come to think of it, it’s a really bad idea to have @Jules come after you because she’s so productive, she could kick your a** and still put out three new designs and answer 10 posted questions.

2 Likes

:rofl: Not quite that bad.

…ONE new design and 10 posted solutions then.

1 Like

:wink: