Problems printing SVG, sanity check?

I am trying to print a Catan board modified from the files :glowforge: released here. I keep getting a “Glowforge encountered a problem” message. I reduced the file down to just three tiles and I still get the issue. Can anyone see what’s wrong with this file? (apparently Discourse handles SVG’s poorly. I assure you the file is there, it’s just very small)

GF-Catan-Board-Test-01

We were just talking about this in another thread.

Would your modifications happen to include flipping or rotating a bitmap element?

Nothing I’ve done. I took the images from the provided pdf. As far as I can tell they are still in the same orientation. However, I have no idea what editing occurred before they published it.

Also, I don’t believe any of the elements are actually bitmaps. All seem to be vectors.

That’s what they look like to me. Where are you getting the error - when first uploading or when you go to hit Print? I downloaded your attachment, dropped it onto my GF’s app page and it’s in the Rendering step right now (been awhile).

EDIT: I got the “an unexpected error has occurred” message. I reduced it to a single tile and sent it - error again. But then it’s erroring out on any other job I send it so it may be my work browser being an issue. Sorry I’m no help today.

1 Like

Yeah it goes to rendering for a while (20-ish minutes?) then I get the error. Thanks for confirming that it isn’t just me.

Any suggestions from :glowforge: support?

Thank you for letting us know about this. I’m so sorry for the delay in my response.

There’s a problem with our software in handling large engrave files and it looks like that’s what’s happening here. Your report is going to help us narrow this down and improve our software for everybody.

Would you try reducing the print to one or two files and see if that works for you?

It’s been a little while since I’ve seen any replies on this thread so I’m going to close it. If you still need help with this please either start a new thread or email support@glowforge.com.