Problems with moving objects

When trying to move an object off of board it disappears?Anyone else having this issue?

2 Likes

Can you provide a screenshot?

4 Likes

If by disappearing you mean that the design is no longer in any of the layers on the left toolbar, then that would be interesting and certainly a screenshot of the app would expedite the case. But if the design color changes then it might mean that the design is no longer in the print space and will not be printed on. Do you have an image of the situation?

3 Likes

I’m sorry that you ran into trouble while using the Glowforge app. If possible, could you please share a screenshot of what you see in the app when this happens? Make sure to include the rulers in your screenshot and show as much of the browser window as possible.

To take a screenshot:

• Mac: Press Shift-Command-4 and click and drag a box around your image. You’ll find the screenshot file saved on your desktop.
  • Windows: Click on the Start Menu and type “snipping tool”. Open the Snipping Tool > New then click and drag a box around your image. Click the Save icon and name and save your file.

If you’d prefer to share the screenshot privately, you can email it to our team at support@glowforge.com.

Yes! mine started doing it last night! When I go to move it, it flys off the screen & I cant find it even if i zoom out all the way. It just happened again on a second file!

I’m having the same problem. You cant screenshot the action. You have to catch it on video. The image on the screen literally zooms off the side of the screen when you try to move it.

You will need to create your own post to support. They only address one person at a time and won’t help you when you post on someone elses.

Mine is still doing it, I’m not able to screenshot as sweetpjewelry has stated. This issue is persistent.

This is not behavior I have experienced, and I bet it is really annoying. Does it happen with every single file? Have you tried a different browser? Sometimes I have glitchy behavior on Firefox but not on Chrome.

Thanks for letting us know that the issue has persisted. We need a bit more information to investigate this further. Please do the following:

1. Go to https://www.whatismybrowser.com/
  2. Look for the header that says "Your web browser’s unique URL"
  3. Click the button that says "Copy URL to Clipboard"
  4. Reply to this, and paste in the link provided

Also, as one of our community member suggested, please let us know if the same thing happens when using a different web browser. This will help us understand the circumstances around the error so we can work on it for you.

Hi @carrierjk. It was great being able connect earlier to troubleshoot the printer head issue. I wanted to follow up with you on this thread discussed for any further troubleshooting.

Since this is hard to capture through a screenshot, I wanted to follow up on Ivan’s last request of more information/checks using another internet browser.

1. Go to https://www.whatismybrowser.com/
  2. Look for the header that says “Your web browser’s unique URL”
  3. Click the button that says “Copy URL to Clipboard”
  4. Reply to this, and paste in the link provided

Also, as one of our community member suggested, please let us know if the same thing happens when using a different web browser. This will help us understand the circumstances around the error so we can work on it for you.

Also, if you are able to capture it on video, feel free to post that in this thread, or email as an attachment.

Lastly, if you are noticing this occurring with any designs, feel free to attach a copy of the affected design file and I can use that to help reproduce the issue on our end.

Thank you!