Problems

I’m on my second Glowforge Plus. The first one wouldn’t cut all the way through. This one has camera issues. I spent almost two weeks through extremely slow emails that it was normal to have a semi circle at the bottom. “It’s only cosmetic”. No it isn’t. I have followed all of the protocols, so I know its not dirt on the lenses, etc. The G/F cuts off the bottom of everything. I even move the material up, so I am guessing this is all a camera defect. This week I tried to import picture through the G/F bed. So blurry and cosmetic semi circle is in the way. I am not a happy G/F owner. I took screenshots, so I have pictures to upload.

You can see where shape is positioned on screen vs where it cut. It’s way off.

Have you run the camera recalibration?

2 Likes

The curve is normal. It’s an artifact of the software correction of the fisheye camera image. Here’s mine:

Your image does seem pretty blurry; that doesn’t necessarily affect operation, but it can be annoying. I’d run the calibration as @robermar36 suggested, and try another cut. If it’s still that far off then Support will need to get involved.

4 Likes

That certainly looks more blurry than normal for straight out of the box lid camera pictures on Proofgrade. What happens when you use the Set Focus?

It’s better but still blurry.

I ran calibration twice and it said(both times) that it was interrupted and no changes were made. And also, after measurements were taken, no improvements were found. So back to support I go. Wish there was a phone number bc it takes 3-4 days for them to email me replies!

1 Like

I ran calibration twice and it said(both times) that it was interrupted and no changes were made. And also, after measurements were taken, no improvements were found. Not sure what or why it said interrupted, bc I didn’t touch the machine or anything. So back to support I go. Wish there was a phone number bc it takes 3-4 days for them to email me replies!

I attempted to run recalibration when I moved my Forge into a new room. Apparently you need a stupid strong WiFi connection to run the recalibration. I haven’t done it again because my current calibration is still working fine. Hope you get it figure out.

2 Likes

You’ve opened a support ticket by posting here in Problems and Support. If you also email them, they have multiple tickets to reconcile…just so you know, for next time. My guess is that with 18K units in the field, the duplicate tickets probably contribute a tangible amount to the delays in their response time, so I’m trying to spread the word! :wink:

Sorry you’re having problems. Hope it works out soon

2 Likes

I’m so sorry for the trouble with your Glowforge. I see you already emailed us about this, and I’ve responded to you there, so I’m going to close this topic.