Production units being delivered

Hmm that would be interesting. I would think the production line could outpace the address collection/order finalization process pretty easily and they would need to “pre-load” confirmed orders in order to keep production running smoothly. Start/Stop kills a line productivity.

Then again, I’ve been involved in lean and “just in time” manufacturing before. My previous employer was pretty good at using “Just a little behind” manufacturing. :smiley:

9 Likes

I wouldn’t. However, I encourage everyone ahead of me in the line to decline because of that.

15 Likes

Lol! Me too! Me too! :laughing:

8 Likes

Waxing elephants, I would say that one of the greatest shortcomings of this age is that we react so violently in response to our own fears, but have no empathy or even respect for the differing fears of others. I see this in every facet of western life right now, and for the record, what I love must about this forum is we seem to at least make an attempt to rise above the status quo. At least till someone starts waxing elephants. :wink:

8 Likes

You know the saying… How do you eat an elephant? One fork at a time…

3 Likes

There would be zero reason to. I mean let’s say the first 10 people said no, that leaves the next 9990 to say yes… No reason until you even approach a major fraction of order to hesitate, since there is a huge backlog of shipments to go… Just walk down the queue.

9 Likes

True. And while some people are just the negative unhappy types (I lean towards the optimistically pessimistic side of things) I don’t begrudge them that point of view. After all who knows what has shaped their world view.

Unfortunately it tends not to just singular necrohippoflagelation but the beating of whole corrals of horses after they’ve repeatedly risen from the dead.

No answers that satisfy the necros have been provided so far and based on history, no answers will suffice short of someone dropping a fully functioning unit on their doorstep. Until then the bleating will continue.

5 Likes

Yeah…just for the initial test run I imagine…Once they gear up production they’ll probably run several ahead, as you suggest.

(The manufacturing facility might not want to hold too many in reserve though…there might be a premium for space to store them.)

I’m just glad I don’t have to coordinate it. (Good luck @Rita and team!)

4 Likes

I didn’t read that tracking info had been sent, only shipping notices. I meant to say tracking info in my post.

Edit: I do see that folks got tracking info today. That’s great news.
You would have thought there would have been some fanfare from the company, in the form of some special announcement.

5 Likes

I think there will be plenty of fanfare to be had when people start posting their unboxing etc.!

4 Likes

You know what could have been kinda fun marketing?

A video of @dan, @bailey, @Rita and other GF staff, physically loading boxes into a truck and calling out the actual names of the first group of recipients. The boxes could be empty props, but something just cheeky/silly to celebrate units going out the door and the connection GF has with their customers.

I imagine a line of GF staff, arranged in a bucket brigade chain type setup handing the boxes down the line to each other.

Can you picture it? LOL.

13 Likes

That :smile: be cute.

2 Likes

True, but the commute to CA from Seattle would be painfully long :laughing:

5 Likes

Hahaha! Well, if they’re just empty prop boxes, they may as well do the filming in the GFHQ office… which might actually be even more fun.

Imagine this… the camera follows one box through HQ… and that box gets passed to every person in each office, cubicle, etc. and each person gets to announce their name and department before handing the box off to the next person. The last person in line, @dan, gets to kick that box right into the (fake) truck. LOL.

2 Likes

USA, basic model, ordered first day… Just received the E-Mail!

42 Likes

Congrats!

3 Likes

Congratulations! :wink:

3 Likes

Nice!

3 Likes

Purchased 9/24/15
Just received my email

39 Likes

Congratulations! :grin:

3 Likes