Project from a handwritten note

Hi there. I’m new to Glowforge, and frankly, all the design software as well.
I have a note that I want to make into either an engraving or perhaps cut out the letters to mount.
This file might be good for engraving, but are the letters too slim to cut? I don’t necessarily want to change the size or shape.
What would I need to do to cut out the letters, if I so choose?
Thanks in advance.
samsnotefirstdraft.pdf (801.3 KB)

My first suggestion is that you work through some of the tutorials - especially the trace one. Then learn a few of the basics about the machine. The letters are too thin to cut, but you can easily trace this, put a fram around the whole thing and have a nice picture.

2 Likes

Will do! I’m pretty much teaching myself from tutorials. Play-Pause-Play-Pause. I’ll give it another go tomorrow!

3 Likes

They were referring to the official tutorials for getting started with your machine.

I doubt you really meant to open a ticket with technical support, so I’ve moved this to an appropriate forum (although support will now check in as the ticket was already opened.)

2 Likes

Copy. You can delete the whole thread.

If you’re engraving this you don’t need to trace at all. It’s pretty much ready to go as is.

3 Likes

I was thinking that! Thank you for the confirmation - I’m going to give it a whirl!

One tip: skinny likes like these don’t always look great at very high speed settings. When engraving I’d say keep it at 270 lpi or higher and speed 500 max. Power is up to you, depends on what material and how dark you’re looking for.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.